Pitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 22 comments
  • 2,702 views

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
Messages
10,403
Messages
GTP_Spag69
Messages
spagetti69
Right when pitting in arcade mode the AI control my car. They change tires, my engine stalls and I can't leave the pits.

Anyone help?
 
are you using a G25 in 6spd mode?

G27 clutch and gears.
If the car stalls whilst racing, just put in neutral, dip the clutch and she fires up.

This doesn't work in the pits though.
 
What about using the paddles? I can try to replicate it on my PWTS, then we can tell if its the wheel or game. You're right though, you just have to press the clutch in and give a little gas and she should fire up.
 
What about using the paddles? I can try to replicate it on my PWTS, then we can tell if its the wheel or game. You're right though, you just have to press the clutch in and give a little gas and she should fire up.

Have you tried it on arcade? Just pit on the first lap and give it a go.
Haven't tried with a dualshock tbh.

The only button that works on the wheel is the pause/restart button.
Interesting to hear if anyone has successfully pitted.
 
Have you tried it on arcade? Just pit on the first lap and give it a go.
Haven't tried with a dualshock tbh.

The only button that works on the wheel is the pause/restart button.
Interesting to hear if anyone has successfully pitted.

You are so right. Cant move. The trans is switching form R to 1 by itself.

Thats a big glitch found.
 
Hmm how do you turn on pits during arcade? Every time I go to the pits it just drives me through without pitting. Even in Gt mode same thing happens. And no I dont pit on the last lap either.
 
Hmm how do you turn on pits during arcade? Every time I go to the pits it just drives me through without pitting. Even in Gt mode same thing happens. And no I dont pit on the last lap either.

In the pre-race options, Fuel and Tire Depletion must be set to On. If that option is not there for a particular race, then you cannot pit properly as you have no reason to pit. The pit animations are impressive though. 👍
 
So the pits are broken. Great.
 
* Bump *

Spagetti69, I just left you a visitor message on your page. This happened to me last night too and I'm also using a G27 with the H-pattern shifter. I have a feeling this is the issue. When you come to a stop, the car stalls and there's no way to restart it. I don't have time to test it but I suspect changing to the paddle shifters before enter the pits will correct this issue.
 
has anyone tried holding down the clutch?
I'm at work right now (I know I should not be checking this forum)
So I can't try it right now but that should prefent the engine from stalling.
I'll try this evening
 
I haven't tried switching to paddles before the pits maybe it might work.
As for the stalling issue. If you stall during a race, just select neutral, dip the clutch and rev the engine and it will fire up.

The arcade pit issue( I've not pitted in GT life ) is different.
Your inputs are not recognised, no gear changes, no throttle or clutch. The only button that works is the select button ( wheel and dualshock ).

Major disappointment for me as I would have liked to setup custom races.
 
I'll test this tonight but after searching a few other posts in the forum, and from my own experience with pit stops, I'm pretty sure this is a bug that affects G25/G27 users who are using the H-Pattern shifter.

From pit entry until pit exit, you have no control over your car--the AI takes over. And if you're using the H-pattern shifter and the car comes to a stop without pressing the clutch, the car stalls. And it seems like this is what's happening. During the pit stop, since the controls are deactivated, you can't stop the car from stalling.

I'll try a few pit stops after work today using both methods and see if it makes a difference. If this turns out to the be the case, it's an easy work around, especially for G27 users; just switch to paddle shifting before entering the pits.
 
It's not the case. Using paddles does nothing to help.
 
Saw another user post a similar issue on another forum. He was in the Miata endurance race, saying he could not get out of the pits after his first stop. I believe he is using a G25. This could be very bad:ouch: Let us know if you find a solution!

EDIT: could you switch to the controller before pitting? You would have to set it to #1 and unplug the wheel before you enter the pits. Not idea of course but may at least allow a pit stop.
 
Last edited:
Ok I tried and had the same issue as the OP. I was using a G25 in clutch mode and got stuck in the pits. However I did not get stuck if I was not using the clutch mode before pitting. I even tried getting into clutch mode while on track, and hitting the paddles a few times before pitting and it didn't get stuck. Also putting the G25 into sequential mode will eliminate the problem from happening also since the clutch can't be enabled.
 
It's not the case. Using paddles does nothing to help.

I think you're wrong about this. I just tested it as well. I ran 2 x 5 lap races on my own and pitted every lap. And when changing to paddle shifters before entering the pits, it was fine--all 8 times.

However, when pitting using the clutch and H-pattern shifter, I could not exit the pits. I tested this 3 times and all 3 times I got stuck in the pit lane.

I'd say it's pretty clear cut.

So in short, until this is fixed or PD decides to "properly" support the G25/G27 and you pit, make sure to switch to sequential/paddle shifting.
 
Fix for most cases.
I'll quote my thread.
Update 1: one member I have seen has said that this hasn't worked for him though I think he may have missed one step.
Yes!! I found out the reason the dreaded "stuck in the pit" glitch happens... Turns out the AI can't use a clutch, so before you go in the pits change your shifting method!

What I mean by that is if you are using a G25/G27 with the H-pattern shifter and clutch enabled, use the paddle shifters (you actually have to shift up or down to activate it, if you don't this won't work) just before entering the pit lane!

Problem solved! :dopey:

Saw another user post a similar issue on another forum. He was in the Miata endurance race, saying he could not get out of the pits after his first stop. I believe he is using a G25. This could be very bad:ouch: Let us know if you find a solution!

EDIT: could you switch to the controller before pitting? You would have to set it to #1 and unplug the wheel before you enter the pits. Not idea of course but may at least allow a pit stop.

That would be me. :dopey:
 
Last edited:
This "AI Not usng a Clutch" Business is a serious problem too, Inside and Outside the pit. I've noticed that everytime i shift the car the AI pulls further away, even when they shift at the same time, they Effectively loose zero speed when they shift gears, and this proves very frustrating and reality breaking for me =.=
 
This "AI Not usng a Clutch" Business is a serious problem too, Inside and Outside the pit. I've noticed that everytime i shift the car the AI pulls further away, even when they shift at the same time, they Effectively loose zero speed when they shift gears, and this proves very frustrating and reality breaking for me =.=

Rev as high as you can before shifting. :dopey: If you're using a G25/27 use the clutch and if you do it well enough and quick enough you barely lose speed at all.
 
Rev as high as you can before shifting. :dopey: If you're using a G25/27 use the clutch and if you do it well enough and quick enough you barely lose speed at all.

This isn't true. Paddle shifting and controller shifting are much faster than using the H-Shifter: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4197655

And I think there was a quote from PD about not letting G25/27 have unfair advantages. I'll try to look it up.
Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24399741&postcount=3560
 
Whichever means of shifting is faster, i've noticed that the Examples in the Liscense Tests and the AI drivers never engage the clutch at all, effectively giving them a completly seamless gear change. Even Paddles engage the clutch.. for a breif split second.
 
Back