• Thread starter Rallywagon
  • 18 comments

Rallywagon

what a long strange trip
Premium
United States
Michigan
Rallywgn81
Did a search and looked through the first few active and inactive threads and found nothing of note here on it, soooo...

Who here, if at all plays Planetside 2?
For those not in the know, Planetside 2 is a MMOFPS. It plays out on one of 4 maps with one of three nations battling each other for land stakes within a region. A sort of real time Risk if you will. Its free to play and can range from groups battle from as small as 2 people up to 100+ on each side battling it out for a base or asset.
You can of course pay for a membership which gives you double exp and a discount when purchasing items and vehicles in game with in game currency, and you can of course purchase the coiner coins and buy upgrades that way too, however, you do earn in game currency as you play and level up and coiners don't necessarily get completely OP by buying better stuff.
Anywho, if anyone plays, perhaps we can get a squad going some time. Like most games, it's a lot more fun when working as a proper cooperative team. If so hit up SpicyG on the Emerald server.

Last edited:
I used to play on Briggs for a while but the game started slowing down on my computer and it's nigh on unplayable.

I'm waiting for the PlayStation 4 release.

Whenever that happens.

Anyone else gained access to the closed beta? The main menu UI's horrible and the squad functionality's almost non-existent, but I'm loving the game otherwise. :D

Played this for a bit on PC (beta and then Steam release) and would have liked it more if I had a good squad to play with. I planned on playing it on PS4 though. Daniel, how's the performance of the game in the Beta?

I'm not a fan of the menu UI, and stuff like squads, voice chat and general strategy aren't very present, but the game performs very well otherwise. I'd like the vehicle controls to be similar to Battlefield's rather than Halo but that's just a personal preference. :)

Got access to the beta on PS4.

Menus/map are unresponsive most of the time, guns don't handle very well/seem to do damage consistently, and joining friends is broken completely. I was playing with a friend, on the same server, in the same squad and we couldn't see each other and although there was only one server online, it appeared that what I was seeing, and what he was seeing were two completely different things.

Add to that the bug with persistent damage indicators, being unable to move for a few seconds after spawning, weapon customization being awkwardly clunky.

First thing I did was swap vehicle controls so R2/L2 were accelerate and brake. I didn't even try any vehicles....

Do the different platforms play on the same servers? I'm a PC player and I'd love to get involved if there is a GTP squad put together.

I think they will later on, but they currently aren't.

Put more time into last night and the game seemed to be performing better, up until the damage indicator got stuck on the screen.

I have 600 hours in the game (all on Emerald NC) and I love it, even if it is a buggy mess at times. For new players I'd definitely recommend finding a good outfit to join. The game is both fun and easier to learn when you're playing with a group of co-operating players.

Last edited:
So are any of you PS4 owners going to pick up PS2 this summer when it goes live on the Playstation 4?

I'm still playing on PC.
Setting have to be really low but still getting a decent frame rate so I don't mind for the time being.

I have toons on emerald and connery so don't hesitate to PM me if any of you play on the PC. :D

Been playing the beta on PS4 for a few days now, and once I got use to it, it is by far the best shooter I've ever played. And that's with low population servers and numerous bugs and game crashes, so I can't wait to play the game with everyone else in about 10 days:D

I tried to play when it finished downloading got into a game for a few mins then there was maintenance (this was the first day it released on ps4 in the usa) Yesterday there was already a new 2.2gb patch. From what I saw in those few mins the game has promise. Will try back soon to see how the servers are doing.

Edit - Gave it another go for about 20mins - was able to kill some enemies and help capture a few points of interest. Seems it could be fun and it seems stable now at least except for Voice Chat is buggy.

Last edited:
I got up to level 5 when I played it for the first time yesterday. Started to get a bit bored of it by that point already!

I suppose what I don't like are the different classes forcing weapon choices on you.

I like the infiltrator class, you can sneak past the enemy with the invisibility cloak and get into there base or holdout then drop them with a silenced pistol.

Back