Planning to get PSVR in a month or two, but...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTnForza4ever
  • 7 comments
  • 927 views

GTnForza4ever

(Banned)
Messages
182
Canada
Location? My Bedroom.
Is it dizzying? does it tire the eyes out quickly? Do I need to take frequent breaks? Does it give credits for racing? And is there multiple camera options? (I know, Cockpit is "the" view but... y'know, I just wanna know for the sake of knowing as much as I can before I buy it.)

Also, I've seen there might be tracks or cars locked, if that's true, is there a lot of content locked? I know the career can't be VR'd though.

Thanks for the answers in advance.
 
In terms of the effects of VR, everybody experiences VR differently. I personally can use GTSport in VR mode as much as I want to, however, I do need to take breaks for other games.

I think (not 100% sure) VR mode now earns credits, but don’t know the payouts.

There is only cockpit view, which it defaults to.

I have been levelled up for too long to remember if any tracks or cars are locked; but I don’t think so. I think you can use all tracks installed and all cars you own.

For racing, VR only gives you a 1 on 1 race and time trials.
 
You can use all cars and tracks, although the time of day options are more limited for VR. (less choices)

You can earn credits, mileage, xp, though the payout is pretty awful.

You have to unlock the tracks by leveling up, just like arcade mode. Leveling up is based on xp so you can do it in VR. It will just take a long time. You get a lot more xp for doing the 'career' path.


You might need to ease into VR if you easily get motion sick. Racing is pretty intense in VR, however if you always look to where you are going (which you should anyway) you will limit the chance to get nauseous. The quickest way to feel ill is to look one way and move in another direction.

Play around with the demo disc first and download some freebies. Best to start with Allumette, a free short movie you can move around in. That will give your eyes time to adjust. It's better to start with static games where you physically move around than to start with games where the camera moves. And once you start feeling a bit off, take a break. Don't push through, if you really get motion sick it can last hours. It will get easier over time though. First time I played windlands I was sick for a couple hours (intense first person platformer spiderman style). Then it became one of my favorite VR games after getting used to the movement.
 
Everyone experiences vr differently. I was fine but friend was to put it bluntly was ****ed up. One more thing if your getting it specifically for sim racing your wasting money it only works in one more and it's crap, if you plan on using it for other titles it's amazing fun.
 
Everyone experiences vr differently. I was fine but friend was to put it bluntly was ****ed up. One more thing if your getting it specifically for sim racing your wasting money it only works in one more and it's crap, if you plan on using it for other titles it's amazing fun.

Dirt rally is not crap! It's actually better than GTS' implementation.

DriveClub is decent, great if you enjoy arcade racing.
Track mania turbo is very limited and kind of sickening.
Wipeout is amazing, better have your VR legs before trying.

If you want a big smile on your face try Astro bot rescue mission, just out today. Lots of fun. 3rd person fixed camera plat former, easy on the VR stomach.
 
IMO, PSVR for GT Sport is only really worth it with a wheel rig. Half of my GT Sport seat time is just hotlapping in VR. You’ll never want a big TV again! If you have the means and the space, I’d suggest a wheel first, then PSVR. That combo is one of the finest gaming experiences I’ve ever had. Can’t wait till the next GT where the whole game is playable in VR.
 
If you want a big smile on your face try Astro bot rescue mission, just out today. Lots of fun. 3rd person fixed camera plat former, easy on the VR stomach.

Oh very nice, I remember of this kind of mini game in the playroom VR, it was really fun and good use of the ps4 gamepad ! So they've make it a bigger, full game, I'll probably give it a shot soon !

Otherwise PSVR for GT sport is great despite the lack of game modes (not able to run against good AI or online). The worst for being sick for me is elevation changes, it takes some time to get used to it. Most of your questions have been answered, I'll just add that if you go for PSVR, you should get a wheel if you don't have one... Playing PSVR with gamepad lacks a lot of immersion !

I would add that, as I play always in bumper cam without PSVR, sometimes I don't really enjoy differences between cars in a same category. But in PSVR, it's a real pleasure to discover all those cars cockpits and it helps me enjoying all different car models
 
^ psvr really is awesome with a wheel and cockpit.

Yeh all the cars are the same in pancake mode, either understeery or oversteery or just right, I get why people use chase cam - if just to remind them they are driving ‘x’.

Steering that Plymouth with the throttle is on another world
 
Back