Planning to start a local league, help needed

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 5 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hello all!

First off, if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I apologize, but this seems like the most logical sub-forum of GTS to post it.

Ok, so I'm planning to start and host a local league here in Iceland. I'm still hashing out the details and schedule, rules and so forth, but there is one thing I'm pretty unsure of. I don't really have experience running races in Lobby mode in GTS but it seems to me that there is no qualifying available in Lobby, is that correct?

If so, how do you guys run qualifying for leagues? What is in your opinion the best way to do so?

Thanks! :)

Nevermind, I post too soon. I see there is a "Fastest First" Grid option. Problem solved, case closed :)
You could run a heat race. A few laps, winner gets the pole. Then change the starting grid to based on previous results.

You could run a heat race. A few laps, winner gets the pole. Then change the starting grid to based on previous results.

Not a bad idea, but think I will use the practice phase as qualifying :).

Thanks for your input :cheers:

Not a bad idea, but think I will use the practice phase as qualifying :).

Thanks for your input :cheers:

Fastest first is not great for an official qualifying session. It is very easily mixed up by people entering and leaving the track/lobby. A good method is to give a time to be done by, then check the timing sheet and take a picture on their phone.. then sort the grid based on that with Host defined order function. It took a few mins but everyone was happy.

Last edited:
Back