Platinum Difficulty?

• Thread starter Ondine
  • 4 comments
Rocket_Power
I just got Driveclub today :) I'm loving it, but I'm finding it rather difficult... Some of the early time trials have been tough, and I know I'll never be completing any of the ignition events (just got stuck on the X-bow challenge for at least two hours--the best I could place was 5th) which makes me wonder if I'll be having just as much trouble with the super or hyper events in the main tour. All this considered, will things get easier for me and will I have any chance earning the platinum for this game? Or will it only be an uphill battle that I'll never overcome? Either way, I'm still having a blast, but if I stop worrying about trophies, then I can save myself from many headaches :banghead:

You should never worry about trophies - go the Zen route, enjoy the events and you'll find that the trophies will follow.

I also wouldn't worry about the X-Bow too much, it's a tough car to master straight off, certainly just after getting the game. Work up through the classes in the regular campaign, as this teaches you the tracks and handling model, plus gets you used to what you can, and can't get away with. This is not to say that you shouldn't have a blast with any of the expansion tours, just don't fret yourself over them (just yet;))

I suppose that the platinum could be considered a challenge in itself, but it isn't impossible...just takes a while.

I didnt find the later races too challenging. Not exactly easy, but doable. If you re struggling with the early events already though, then brace yourself for a lot of retrys. But the main game is definitely quite a bit easier than the Ignition events and that Xbow is a 🤬 . Worst car in the game. Most hypercars drive much better than that useless piece of junk, so dont let that discourage you. Also Ignition events dont count for platinum.

If you wanna platinumize it, it will take quite a while though. Especially reaching level 50 (I completed all the solo stuff, both the free expansions and spent several evenings in multiplayer and I m still only level 40), getting the 1 million drift points and that gold trophy where you have to complete different game mode, vehicle etc accolades with take ages.

You do not need to finish any of the tours to get Platinum, so don't worry about that.

However, it's a massive grind to get the accolades to the highest level in four different categories and to reach level 50.

Thanks for all the advice and information everyone! I like the Zen route, so much less stressful. I'm getting used to the feel for the game now, so it seems that the biggest obstacle will be the grind.

Back