play.com's "Pre-order codes"

  • Thread starter Thread starter rampageturke
  • 29 comments
  • 5,074 views

rampageturke

(Banned)
Messages
415
I don't know how many of you pre-ordered the STANDARD edition of GT5 off play.com, but a pre-order special was advertised as the stealth pack download. It's now been 5 days and I have still not got it, I emailed them and awaiting a reply. Has anyone else got theirs?
 
Nope i'm in the same boat, I'm thinking an angry phonecall is in order!
 
I didn't for my PS3 bundle so my brother emailed them and they sent them ,I got a gtr and sls
 
Got mine the same day as I got the game (launch).

They came via e-mail so you may want to check they have not been dumped into a 'junk' folder.


Gideon
 
Got mine the same day as I got the game (launch).

They came via e-mail so you may want to check they have not been dumped into a 'junk' folder.


Gideon

Checked several times, no luck.:grumpy:

Do you get all the stealth cars with it, or a random few?
 
The webshop where I've ordered send me the download code in an e-mail before I received the game. The download code of the chrome-line cars was inside the box. God I love the Mazda 787B stealth car! :D
 
I'm in the same boat and phoned play.com customer services on friday , they told me they are waiting for more codes from the supplier and will send them when they receive more.

it is an automated system so i guess all we can do is wait. 🤬
 
Checked several times, no luck.:grumpy:

Do you get all the stealth cars with it, or a random few?

It's the two they told you on the product page.

I'm in the same boat and phoned play.com customer services on friday , they told me they are waiting for more codes from the supplier and will send them when they receive more.

it is an automated system so i guess all we can do is wait. 🤬

I e-mailed Play when my GTPSP Collector code for the Veyron didn't work. They sent me out a Veyron and ZR1 code the same day.
 
It's the two they told you on the product page.



I e-mailed Play when my GTPSP Collector code for the Veyron didn't work. They sent me out a Veyron and ZR1 code the same day.

Are these codes a one-shot job? Like could you send me your Veyron code and I could send you my GTR / SLS codes?

What happens if I delete my save and start a new game?
 
I ordered the 'stealth' package and was sent the standard one from Play.com....

Shall be giving them a call shortly....
 
My stealth pack codes arrived by email from Play.com, two days after release date.
 
Well Im not a happy bunny.....

Looking now on Play.com there is only one option of the game, and its the basic one.....

....not the one I originally asked for....:grumpy:
 
Well Im not a happy bunny.....

Looking now on Play.com there is only one option of the game, and its the basic one.....

....not the one I originally asked for....:grumpy:

Hope is not lost! I received an email saying they ran out of codes and requesting more, time will tell.
 
Still awaiting the SLS code.. very frustrating
 
the bastards sent me codes but they were invalid. When I emailed them, they sent me the same invalid code I already had. Last time i buy anything off play.com....
 
^^ To be fair Amazon are the same, it would appear to be a supplier issue.

I got the mazda 2 days after release and am still waiting on the McLaren F1 car.

What is annoying is that some people claim to have got both cars on the day of release?
 
Just got My codes from Play.com and confirm that they both work.. so if you got any codes before, you now have a spare code :)
 
I don't know how many of you pre-ordered the STANDARD edition of GT5 off play.com, but a pre-order special was advertised as the stealth pack download. It's now been 5 days and I have still not got it, I emailed them and awaiting a reply. Has anyone else got theirs?

After pecking their head I got the code for the Nissan. I called again on Friday and they said I'd have the code for the Mercedes within 24 hours. I phoned them back on Monday and was told I'd have it within 24 hours... I phoned them again today and was told that I would have it within 48 hours...

No doubt I'll be updating this post in 48 hours time :grumpy:
 
No codes for me yet from PLAY.com , i did receive the game on release day but i doubt very much i'll use them again.
 
Did the "stealth cars" from Play.com only come with the Standard edition? I thought It was a Pre-order bonus for all GT5 editions. I ordered the CE and haven't received the stealth codes but the Chrome ones are in the case.
 
Apoplogies for mildly derailing the thread but i don't know if play.com are having issues but I am two weeks waiting for Red Dead Redemption codes as well as the delay on my GT ones - heres a quote from their reply to me about RDR.

quote
We would also advise that the script being run to generate these codes is
run on a first-come firstserve basis, so there may be a slight delay in
you receiving your code.
end quote.


a script - lol

Scathing reply sent.
 
Are these codes a one-shot job? Like could you send me your Veyron code and I could send you my GTR / SLS codes?

What happens if I delete my save and start a new game?

They are one-use only, yes.
 
Nothing for me. No game, even. Since the codes are emailed, I might actually email about the pre-order codes even though my game hasn't arrived.
 
Did the "stealth cars" from Play.com only come with the Standard edition? I thought It was a Pre-order bonus for all GT5 editions. I ordered the CE and haven't received the stealth codes but the Chrome ones are in the case.

Yes.

same on Amazon..

you got the chrome line car pack and that crazy theme with the CE version..(not as good as the theme available here imho) no stealths..

I ordered my CE edition from Amazon, and three normal editions from different vendors for the pre-order codes..(I've sold my extra standard editions at cost(kept the codes).. to those who didn't want to pay store prices!! or pre order!).

So now I have the signature edition game content, but without the wallet, fob and that book of dreams :dopey:
 
Last edited:
this has happened to me also:grumpy: not happy play are usually good aswell, i emailed them 2 days ago and still no reply
 
Just received the 2 stelth car codes , check your e-mail people.

I received my missing one yesterday too, unfortunately it is invalid according to the Playstation store. :nervous:
 
Recieved and email from play last night stating that the script generating the codes is churning them out, and that it's first-come first-served, so it's just a waiting game.
 
Back