Play the game, or just race?

• Thread starter VetteZR1
  • 24 comments
United States
Howell Mi
Lionfan58
How do you "play" GT-6? Personally I just race. No missions, coffee breaks, and only want bronze in the licence tests. I skip most time trials and all of the drift trials. I don't get knocking over cones, or running missions over and over for a few credits.:banghead: Not interested in golds for the free cars, trophies, or driving on the Moon. Also no Red Bull X Challenge because it's to unrealistic, and karts make me dizzy. Even with skipping this much of the game I have most of the cars I want and 30 mil.+ credits without doing much grinding. I'm just a old school guy who loves to race.

I like all aspects of GT. I've played every iteration since GT1. Collecting & racing each car was my goal. Sadly you don't have to hunt for that 1 elusive car you want anymore. The online aspect has opened up the game. You can meet new people & make new friends. 👍 By the way VetteZR1, The Geezer Club guys are wondering why you haven't accepted any of our friend requests ?

. By the way VetteZR1, The Geezer Club guys are wondering why you haven't accepted any of our friend requests ?[/quote]
Speaking as a card carrying old guy, I'm sorry I don't know anything about friend requests. I have tried to remain out of the loop on all things from facebook to tweets. I love the new technologies, some just aren't for me. Are these requests on this site or on the PS3 somewhere? P.S. I read the Geezer thread regularly.

I like all aspects of GT. I've played every iteration since GT1. Collecting & racing each car was my goal. Sadly you don't have to hunt for that 1 elusive car you want anymore. The online aspect has opened up the game. You can meet new people & make new friends. 👍 By the way VetteZR1, The Geezer Club guys are wondering why you haven't accepted any of our friend requests ?
Hey PapaGnr can I send a friend request to you because I am nearly a Geezer and is that ok.

Back on topic, I want to win all the races in the career mode but the most I like about GT6 is the online races and the Time Trials where you can compete with other Geezer on your friends list and they still beat me :lol:.

Hey PapaGnr can I send a friend request to you because I am nearly a Geezer and is that ok.

Back on topic, I want to win all the races in the career mode but the most I like about GT6 is the online races and the Time Trials where you can compete with other Geezer on your friends list and they still beat me :lol:.
Send away. 👍

I just race online, & fortunately have a fairly stable connection compared to some. I also like Free Running for the sheer fun of it, with 99% of my time spent on The Ring 24 Hour.

👍

I actually really enjoy trying out as many new cars as I can in the A-spec races. I probably have over 300+ cars now with (5+) wins registered in their log books. I would do Seasonals more but they won't register a win even with the first victory. They do pay better but I have all the cars I want and I can't spend the money I have now without starting a new collection which I will do at some point when I get some more focus on that aspect of the game again.

I also enjoy the TT's but not the drifting ones. Any drifting I do is purely unintentional..:D

I do as much useful single player as possible so I don't have to pay for cars. As for online, free run only, I don't like my good single player record with online shenanigans.

I do it all. Being relatively new to the GT series and needing lots of practice, I completed everything in the game and pushed until I had 100% gold. That's how I learned. I also took the time to complete silly trophies to earn Platinum. I have also pushed to earn gold in every seasonal, learning to drift out of necessity (I enjoy it now). If I have time, I'll push beyond gold in some seasonals and try to end up in the top 500. I rarely have time to race online, and usually only play when new seasonals are released. I log in daily for the bonus.

I play a lot of Offline races, mainly to practice, get a good feel of the car, and earn cash to buy better cars for Online. My favorite part of offline racing is the replay, and seeing my car zip around :) Ive always been a car enthusiast, but i don't know anything about how they work or any car part at all. I also bought a DfGT to feel like I'm actually driving too, its so worth it. but im not gonna lie, i do get frustrated, like with any other game ._. but thats why i practice my butt off whenever i can :)

When my PS3 was on, I played the game and race..... But when my PS3 gave YLOD, I couldn't play GT6 much...

Online pretty much exclusively, it is the only way to get a decent race without having to gimp yourself against the AI.

Well, I personally did all of the required fields to get Platinum in GT6. I did all of the licence tests at Gold level, I got the minimum required stars, 300 I think, I got the 100 cars, and I did the tuning trophies. So I mostly just did ALL of the required trophies to get platinum. I also do events to get credits. I do not buy the credits from the PS Store. I believe that you should earn your credits and not buy them.

I've done most of A spec up to S class and now I do new seasonal races and TT's because they come and go so quickly and about 1/8 times go online into a random no SRF lobby.

By the way VetteZR1, The Geezer Club guys are wondering why you haven't accepted any of our friend requests ?
Speaking as a card carrying old guy, I'm sorry I don't know anything about friend requests. I have tried to remain out of the loop on all things from facebook to tweets. I love the new technologies, some just aren't for me. Are these requests on this site or on the PS3 somewhere? P.S. I read the Geezer thread regularly.
They are on the PS3.
When you first sign on to PlayStation, instead of going back to the game column, go 1 column th the right. Select Messages, Received. You should see any pending friend requests that came in.
Just open each one you wish to accept & select Add.
You can also browse the online lobbies for a "Geezers Club" room most afternoons Eastern Time. Someone will gladly walk you through getting started with Friending.

Last edited:
Mostly I Race, And Collect The Race Cars Too, The Cone Thing is Unrealistic To Me, As For The Friend Request And Online Racing, I just Come Here To Check On Updates, Not Looking To Race Online Or Friends! I Enjoy Racing By Myself!!

I enjoy all aspects of the game...except the AI :irked:...although for me its mainly about driving and racing different cars...I like to drive all cars stock (not big fan of tuning to win ;)) without any drive aids, except ABS 1..
New to GTPlanet though...looking for some friends...if you enjoy similar thing let me know.. 👍

Back