Playable with a PS4 / Xbox one controller ?

• Thread starter klondike
  • 6 comments
Klondike_rush
Hi sorry if it has been asked before.

I am thinking about buying this game for eather Xbox or PS4.

I dont have room for a wheel setup, so can only play with controller.

But not sure if it is actually playable and is it enjoyable ?

Is it posibel to play it without having to turn every assist on ?

How does the controller stearing compare to for example GT sport / Forza 7 ( Those two games I find rather ok to play with controller )

Would you recommend it ?

You will probably need to adjust the in game settings for the controller to suit your personal taste, but once you have it should be sublime.

That's my own biased opinion though. I've seen some people not particularly enjoying AC with a controller, but I think that's because they haven't spent time with the settings. For me, it is the best driving game on a controller not just because of the level of control, but also because of the information and feedback that the game gives you, even without a wheel.

Same as all driving games I don't use any assists at all, neither for the controller or the cars, (with the exception of ABS if the car comes with it normally). Any form of assist always feels intrusive and restrictive to me regardless of which game I'm playing, so perhaps that's just my personal taste. Point is that you don't need them to make things driveable in AC.

I have 100's of replays stored, I'd be happy to upload any one of them to provide an example of a great time without a wheel. Or I have an older one here already.

I’m in a similar situation as the OP...no wheel but tempted by the sale on AC Ultimate Ed. I have the first Project Cars game and find it to be not very good with the DS4 even after a fair bit of messing with the settings. GT Sport and Dirt Rally are fine with the standard controller though.

VBR
@Lewis_Hamilton_ What are your settings?

Sorry VBR, I haven't given a reply not because I'm being ignorant, but because I've tried to access my controller settings and I'm not able to.

You still can't view or change controller settings in Content Manager, and the Vanilla game/launcher simply won't get past loading all the car's metadata on boot up. I don't know how long that has been a problem because I've been using Content Manager for yonks which bypasses all of AC's unnecessary loading.

Back