Played GT4 on the weekend

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 21 comments
  • 1,592 views

CodeRedR51

Premium
Messages
56,006
United States
United States
Since I'm a manager @ GameStop, I had the chance to attend the yearly managers conference in Dallas Texas. On friday night all of the venders that were attending had booths set up, as well as demos for alot of the new games coming out. Sony had two GT4 simulators set up with the logitech wheel, seat, etc. They were also having competitions to see who could get the fastest lap. The first time I entered in the contest, I lost. I got second place by .5XX of a second. Then, re-entered in the next one and won it by just about the same amount. The winning time was a 1:09.455 with the green/blue skyline (nurburgring one) on Tsukuba.(sp?) That time was also with hitting an AI car, sending it off the track, and it coming back on and pushing me way off my line. Prize for winning: Silver colored PS2. :dopey: 👍 After they were done with the contest, I did another run to see what time I could get, and bettered my time to a 1:03.7xx.

Now, my impressions.

The AI drivers were really getting on my nerves. Always hugging the bottom line and not caring anything. This version had the "G" meter on screen, as well as the bouncing camera effect when you hit something hard. I could also tell that it had the "push the brakes too hard, lock them up" thing going. More than a few people went into the corners and locked them up, sending them straight into the wall. I really couldn't see what they had for cars, but this demo (if it was one) had the Nurburgring, Tsukuba, New York, and others. I only got a couple second look at the list before the track was selected.

Sorry for the long post... :sly:
 
good stuff, keep us posted on any news, screens, movies you hear of. Thanks for the info and the more info the better!
 
Wow, you got to play GT4 and won a PS2 on top of it. Nice weekend!
 
Bet you wish you had won GT4 instead...... eh! :lol:
 
hahaha top weekend if ya ask me. so what are your opinions on the graphics, gameplay, AI, any new effects etc? cheers.
 
Well, thanks for bragging you lucky Bastige !!!
 
Yea the guy I know at my gamespot down the street went too....you must have beaten him. :)
 
GT3man2001
The AI drivers were really getting on my nerves. Always hugging the bottom line and not caring anything.
👎
Am I the only one who doesn't have any hope left for a decent AI...? :grumpy:

Thanks for your impressions, GT3man2001.
 
Congrats on the win! That silver PS2 sure is a nice prize. :up:

I know a couple of people that went to Dallas for that conference, too. Too bad I didn't know you were coming my way beforehand -- I would've gone up to meet you!! :)

The GT4 Prologue Toyota version seems to have modeled lockup as well, but the tires don't visually lock yet. It makes for a very confusing braking experience. :/
 
Looks like PD has got the braking set. What about the acceleration?
 
DiabolicalMask
👎
Am I the only one who doesn't have any hope left for a decent AI...? :grumpy:

Thanks for your impressions, GT3man2001.

So what you want... AI that neatly gets out of your way when they see you in the rear view mirror?!

Annoying AI is usually a good sign that the player couldn't get past them very easily...?

C.
 
so is there many improvements (not that GT3 aint awesome) but any improvements from that of GT3?
 
Sounds like a great weekend! You should post pics of the silver PS2 so we can drewl over it . :dopey: Not that we arent already jealous that you played it.
 
yeti
So what you want... AI that neatly gets out of your way when they see you in the rear view mirror?!

Annoying AI is usually a good sign that the player couldn't get past them very easily...?

C.
"Not caring anything" isn't my ideal of a good AI...

And GT3, GTC and GT4P already have annoying AI, thank you!

(Annoying as in ramming you from behind and from the sides during a corner; they simply can't get off the ideal race line no matter what. Even if that means ramming you off the track.)
 
Basically they don't take other cars on the track into much consideration, like in GT3 they probably had a script which told them to pull out hen behind you to do an overtaking maouver, other than that they never noticed you were even there, or the other AI racers. I really don't want GT4's AI to be crap like in past GT's, take away some of the cars, the pit crew and little bits if you have to, but for the love of god, make the AI at least average, not crap. How can NFSU offer more challenging AI than GT, how?
 
Am I the only one who doesn't have any hope left for a decent AI...?
I also care but not to the point where im disappointed. I noticed this when I played GT4 prologue. The euro and Japanese version AI were the same. Not intelligent. I didn't think much of it because I though for sure they would be a lot better in the final version but after reading this post it looks like the only smart AI we will battle, will be online. I will be happy with this game no matter what.
 
wow good weekend. and the silver ps2's are nice. i have one myself :)
 
He... they're giving them away now as everyone would rather the new slim 'n' sexy version!!!

C.
 
If that's true, i'm getting myself a spare PS2...........my first PS2..got *&%!$.....and i really don't want to buy a 3rd one.....please don't die, my lovely PS2 :bowdown:
...before GT4 is released.
 
Ok first thing tomorrow i'm gunna get a job in a game shop
 
Back