Player's real country flag

• Thread starter Tvensky
  • 21 comments

Do you want to use your own country flag in GT6?

• Total voters
Latvia
Riga, Latvia
Tvensky
If you are born and lived all your life in USA, UK, Canada or France etc., this might not be a problem for you and seem no issue, but in fact there are so many people out there who are playing with wrong country flag due to limited support from Sony (cant register country, in my case, but you might fly to live in another country these days very easy). The problem is that I use Finland PSN ID, and I have nothing to do with them, I have FIN flag in GT online and people all the time want to contact me, but I dont understand them, I dont want to understand and I didnt want... I just picked nearest random country where I live in...

PD in GT6 must put flag change option, you might just live in USA and still would want to put UK flag if you are born there... Its very odd when people are forced to use wrong country flag, its very offensive from Sony's and PD's side aswell.

many other games support this option, funny side is they all come from europe or USA, like new WRC 3 demo I played I could pick my country flag, in Codemasters games support that also, Xbox from microsoft support all world.
Yet again Japanese seems not know that there are much more than USA outside their borders! I wait for support from sony for 6 years now, I have no hope for them, but I at least would love to see some support from PD, since Im tired from being hidden behind shadows and wrong information. This option is very easy to make!

here you go PD you can pick country flag pictures from here if you didnt know that there are other countries! there is even a name of the country just in right side of the flag.. you can make student to do this work for you! very easy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_of_the_world

👍

This deserve its own thread!

PS. at least put all "Members of the EU" since Latvia is a member and we do not live in jungle and have lots of unregistered PS3's here (and we have electricity where to plug it also!)! Same goes for our neighbor countries also Members of the EU and not in a list! I dont feel like Sony is living in 21st century information age...

Last edited:
Yeah Sony should definitely allow everyone to register to PSN under their own country. Those people already use fake accounts anyway.

It's the PSN countries, so it's not PD's fault. But yeah, they could add an option to select your own flag, or Sony could add the option to register on PSN from another country.

If you are born and lived all your life in USA, UK, Canada or France etc., this might not be a problem for you and seem no issue, but in fact there are so many people out there who are playing with wrong country flag due to limited support from Sony (cant register country, in my case, but you might fly to live in another country these days very easy). The problem is that I use Finland PSN ID, and I have nothing to do with them, I have FIN flag in GT online and people all the time want to contact me, but I dont understand them, I dont want to understand and I didnt want... I just picked nearest random country where I live in...

PD in GT6 must put flag change option, you might just live in USA and still would want to put UK flag if you are born there... Its very odd when people are forced to use wrong country flag, its very offensive from Sony's and PD's side aswell.

many other games support this option, funny side is they all come from europe or USA, like new WRC 3 demo I played I could pick my country flag, in Codemasters games support that also, Xbox from microsoft support all world.
Yet again Japanese seems not know that there are much more than USA outside their borders! I wait for support from sony for 6 years now, I have no hope for them, but I at least would love to see some support from PD, since Im tired from being hidden behind shadows and wrong information. This option is very easy to make!

here you go PD you can pick country flag pictures from here if you didnt know that there are other countries! there is even a name of the country just in right side of the flag.. you can make student to do this work for you! very easy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_of_the_world

👍

This deserve its own thread!

PS. at least put all "Members of the EU" since Latvia is a member and we do not live in jungle and have lots of unregistered PS3's here (and we have electricity where to plug it also!)! Same goes for our neighbor countries also Members of the EU and not in a list! I dont feel like Sony is living in 21st century information age...

You have Answered my prayor im from lithuania just below you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!1
God bless you for opening this up
I have the same problem, you have no idea how many times i have been kicked for having a USA flag, I wish i could represent my own country,
Also if PD were to change this, i hope you can only pick once, cause players would take advanage , and keep changing in order to join some strick national servers

Wait a second, you guys have electricity over there? :sly:

And this is why nobody likes USA, arrogant , ignorant, self centered

thats why so many people kick USA players, because you guys are all the same!

Now if youre just joking, you better let us know!👎

And this is why nobody likes USA, arrogant , ignorant, self centered

thats why so many people kick USA players, because you guys are all the same!

Now if youre just joking, you better let us know!👎

That :sly: emoticon should be a dead giveaway that he's joking. Unfortunately, you can get ignorant people from every single-country, not only the USA :ouch:

And yes, I want to be able to race under my own flag. I actually want Sony to implement all the countries as options during sign-ups, so we can actually download the DLC's. I'm stuck to using the Indian flag for now :grumpy:

If Sony can't do it, PD should add the option of all the flags.

That :sly: emoticon should be a dead giveaway that he's joking. Unfortunately, you can get ignorant people from every single-country, not only the USA :ouch:

And yes, I want to be able to race under my own flag. I actually want Sony to implement all the countries as options during sign-ups, so we can actually download the DLC's. I'm stuck to using the Indian flag for now :grumpy:

If Sony can't do it, PD should add the option of all the flags.

you are right, not all USA people are like that, but that phrase really insulted me , and like i said before, i have been kicked so many times due to an american flag, i do live in Florida, and i appreciate and love USA , one of the awesomest countries in the world, but every once in a while there are sum jerks around here, and it happens to mostly be an american, No Offense!

Sorry for getting of topic , wanted to explain my self!

More flag options would be good, though I never cared what it displayed above me. It shouldn't be there. I want to be able to turn everything off. The flying flags and names above other players' car is one of the most annoying things about online.

i find this would be very useful, but i find often going into a game if you are not american or spanish and everyone else then you get kicked just depending on what flag you are, so many immature people online it is getting ridiculous, tired of going into an american lobby and hearing "oh that guy who joined is english! kick him quick i hate those *insert appropriate swear word*, (i am actually scottish although most foreigners forget there is more than england in UK, not having a pop at americans id make an example of all the other kind of people who do it if i could have understood what they said

i find this would be very useful, but i find often going into a game if you are not american or spanish and everyone else then you get kicked just depending on what flag you are, so many immature people online it is getting ridiculous, tired of going into an american lobby and hearing "oh that guy who joined is english! kick him quick i hate those *insert appropriate swear word*, (i am actually scottish although most foreigners forget there is more than england in UK, not having a pop at americans id make an example of all the other kind of people who do it if i could have understood what they said

then it would be great to change flag and drive there where you belong and want to be... 👍 someone above had a great idea! PD could make two flags for every player, one flag represent real nationality! and other place where you from.. yet in my case, place where Im from would be still wrong since Im from Latvia, and PSN id is from Finland. At least nationality would be right... if PD makes or do something about this issue!

I just posted here a message for all you people and PD... just dont forget about us PD, we want to play under our flags where we live or get born!

So Tvensky... a thread about national flags and you fail to select your Latvian flag here on GT Planet...:crazy:

...but I agree, I hope SONY broaden the PSN registration across the world, but I can understand why minority countries are omitted, it's hard to say how much it would cost them to set up for smaller the smaller or less prosperous countries.

So Tvensky... a thread about national flags and you fail to select your Latvian flag here on GT Planet...:crazy:

...but I agree, I hope SONY broaden the PSN registration across the world, but I can understand why minority countries are omitted, it's hard to say how much it would cost them to set up for smaller the smaller or less prosperous countries.

I cant find the place to do that here... its all random for me.. I have to be a programmer or something :crazy:

EDIT: fixed! Ohh I found that, wasnt that hard at all........ :) anyways, I use rarely GTP forums, but I use PSN and GT daily.. thanks for the fix..

Back