Playing GT1/GT2 on PC

• Thread starter bAtesy
  • 8 comments
Hello, I haven't posted here for ages and I want to go through the GT series starting with the first and try and get 100%. Anyway, I want to do this on my laptop whilst I'm on the move/at college etc, and wondered if someone can help me play my PS1 game on my PC. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

I can't help you at all. I just wanted to welcome you here and this thread looks so lonely. Hopefully someone here can help you. :)

They're called emulators, and they're illegal, so you won't find much discussion of them here on GTP. However, now that you know what they're called, you should be able to find what you need on your own. ;)

To play GT1 or GT1 in a PC, you need emulator, it's plugin, PS1 disc or image and PS1 bios file.

I am sure you already have PS1 game disc. You can download emulator and it's plugin for free. But PS1 bios file is illegal to distribute.

The software that you may need to use:
- epsxe (emulator)
- Pete's GPU Plugin (for display)
- Pete's APU Plugin (for audio)
- PEC (cheater tool)

about emulator being illegal, I think it depend on how people think. IMO, emulator is legal. Based on story like:
Bleem won most of the lawsuits launched against it by Sony. Bleem is commercial emulator.

Okay, most emulators themselves are legal (as long as they aren't based on official manufacturer software), but the only way to use them legally is to play homebrew games or not play any games at all. And very few people do that.

Every ROM of a game that is or was distributed commercially is illegal. Period. Even if you made the ROM off of your own purchased copy.

That said, most places I go to on the internet allow emulation talk, but no links. I can't remember if that's the way it is here.

Thanks for the replies, I tried to use an emulator before but was very hard to set up and quit sluggish tbh. Thanks anyway guys, I think it'd be best I stick to my PS1 to play it.

Every ROM of a game that is or was distributed commercially is illegal. Period. Even if you made the ROM off of your own purchased copy.

Could you please cite a reference for that?

A baby PS1 (PSone) isn't that much bigger than some laptops. You'd need some LCD screen for it, though. It might be possible to use some portable DVD players?

I've heard rumours you can make a PSP play PS1 games, but I don't know about the legality of that, either. (Let alone the practicality of controlling GT via the PSP controls).

But really, if I were going to college, I'd leave all my PlayStation games and stuff away at home. You don't need such distraction.

My old GateWay computer had some program which you just click in order to play any PS1 game, anyone knows that program is it? :confused:

I searched and searched, but all I could find was things that costed money, the program I had was free.

Back