Playing on multiple Playstations

• Thread starter billickc
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I've been playing Gran Turismo 7 (and Sport) on my PS5. I'd like to set up old PS4 (for times when my kids are on the PS5) and play, but also work on liveries. I have Playstation Plus which I think will synchronize the local saves? I could also transfer saves via USB stick.

Has anyone else done this? And is there a danger of opening saves on both machines? I really want to avoid having an old save overwrite a new one. Thanks!

I’ve done this with a different game and with 2x PS5s:

• On the PS5, go to the Settings and then Saved Data/Saved Game option (something along these lines).
  • Click Cloud Storage
  • Select GT7
  • Upload to Cloud Storage

Go to your PS4:
  • Go to PS4 Settings
  • Select the option for Saved Data/Saved Game Data (something along these lines)
  • Select Saved Data PS5
  • Select Console Storage
  • Download to PS4

Two things:

- Assuming the PS5 Saved Data can be transferred to the PS4 (double check this) you will be able to switch consoles.

- Normally everything Auto Syncs anyways with PS Plus so you might be able to just boot up, do Step 2(PS4 Cloud download) and continue on from there

To switch back just do the reverse (upload cloud on PS4 and download on PS5) and continue on.

Let me know if this works!

Currently doing this with a PS5 and PS4 slim(?) the regular non-pro one...
Everything just syncs though it does moan about playing on 2 consoles and it has to sign me out on the other one which takes about a minute.
Stuff you save, like replays, needs to be 'shared' to use on the other console.

You don't need to worry about savegame transfers as those are stored on PDs server linked to your PSN-ID.

Back