Playing on two consoles (PS4 and PS5)

Canada
Canada
So I just got a PS5, earlier than I expected. I purchased the PS4 digital edition. I am REALLY struggling with the idea of rnning two consoles int he house, not just on GT7 but in general, as in can i play a game on one console then move to another and get going from where I left off or are they treated as independent games? Anyway, for GT7, if i play the PS4 version on the PS5 then go back to my PS4 the next day, is it the "same" game or does it start fresh?

The lack of information online about this scenario in general (not just gt7) is surprising.

I still have my PS4 in another room in the house and after a few seconds to sync you just carry on with your PS5 game/in game credits etc

PS5-PS5 + PS4-PS4pro - just bought GT7 on PS5 then downloaded from my library back on PS4. You get a message along the lines of you can't connect to the server with two consoles on the same account - please wait whilst we disconnect the other connection...30 secs later you just carry on as normal. I mainly play on PS5 but took the PS4 on holiday with me last week to grind a few credits and worked fine switching back and forth. PS4(Pro) is 4k I believe - can't say I notice a huge graphical difference to PS5 version.

Thanks man, I got the same message and panicked and shut down the PS5 thinking it'd bugger me! This does seem to vary game to game, Spiderman recognises the trophies but doesn't carry over any saved games yet the recent free "fighting fairies and weird japanese anime" adventure game (no idea what it is called) seems to start right where we left off on the other console.

I have a base PS4 so 2K, the 4K on a 65 inch TV is a big difference.

Back