Playseat Challenge - Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 kit... Anyone else?

• Thread starter Scotster
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I almost feel like a mad scientist scheming to bolt this little lot together. Is there anyone else?

Before purchasing I considered the difficulty in mounting the shifter to this seat so I took to google and found a number of articles, both here and outwith, describing various options. As a mini-trial I mounted my Thrustmaster HOTAS stick to it and it's pretty solid, just to see if I thought it would work. With what I have just now the shifter with the kit will easily mount but wanted to see what other people have came up with.

Quite funny having a gaming seat ready to drive and fly at the same time, just need a flying car simulator and I'm good to go :D

Of course, this was all before considering the difference between a Fanatec kit and the Logitec GT that I currently have. The torque and weight are going to be another level so I just hope it handles it ok.

Ironically, I looked at the Playseat Evolution and it looks as if it would be more difficult to work with due to the raised pedal plate. The Challenge has a very simple hard stop element that I'm hoping will securely hold the loadcell pedals. The Evolution would likely flex under the pressure required to actuate the pedal.

So.... what have you got? Looking for inspiration :D

I used two motorcycle mirror clamps (from a third party Amazon seller) plus the GT Omega shift mount V2 to affix my shifter and handbrake.

I experimented with some different bolt lengths as well as spacers/washers/nuts to space the shifter a bit further from the seat itself - which caused me to accidentally strip out the first set of motorcycle mirror clamps (bolts were just a bit short so they did not grab well and then stripped out the softer clamp thread metal) so I had to buy a second set. When I put on the replacement set of clamps I used a self-fusing silicone tape on the tubing before putting them on, to help them hold tight, stay in place, and protect the Playseat tubing.

I also drilled an additional hole in the GT Omega shifter plate to have it more level vs. at an angle due to how I had the Playseat Challenge set up (the angle was almost perfect but it was slightly pitched forward), and a wood block into the mounting bracket (which has an open portion to fit around that company's square tubing) to keep everything stiff and strong.

The Fanatec CS Shifter is only attached by 2 mounting bolts on the bottom but I find that it holds well and I don't notice any additional movement (the Playseat Challenge already has some movement anyway, as I am sure you know). You could likely add an additional plate with counterbored screw holes to have more mounting points but I did not bother and likely won't. The entire thing still folds well for storage without needing to move or change anything.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the bad cell phone photos, it's late here so I have no natural light to make these look better and my phone flash caught every bit of dust from not racing the last couple of weeks! If you need more info or photos I can take better pictures later.

top.jpg

side.jpg

clamps.jpg

bottom.jpg

folded.jpg

Last edited:
Back