PlaySeat Evo Makeover - ideas for replacement chairs and removing center post

• Thread starter Keluna
  • 6 comments
United States
Washington State
Keluna
Aloha -

With GT Sport on pre-order I'd like to give my aging PlaySeat a makeover.

The original seat covering is falling apart and leaves a mess.

And the the center post has always been a bother.

IMG_3652.JPG

I checked on the PlaySeat site and they consider replacement seats and seat covers to be "spare parts", and have no interest in selling them.

Anyone know of a source for bolt on replacements?

As for the center post my plan of last resort is to buy a MIG welder, cut off the center post, and put together a Frankenrig...

Unless I can buy something ready made?

Looking forward to GT Sport and the first Xbox X Forza 7 bundle!

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_3652.JPG
    IMG_3652.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 26
Honestly, you may want to consider just getting a new setup. The money and/or effort it would take to get a new seat and customize the rig to remove the center post could be spent on a new setup that already has everything you want.

Thanks for the reply - a new setup would be nice, and I've looked at quite a few.

One constraint is the high cost of shipping bulky items like new rigs my location. I purchased this back when Amazon sold PlaySeats directly and shipped it "free" as a Prime member. The current Amazon selection of racing rigs is pretty slim. But I am formulating a plan, I always wanted to learn how to weld. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply - a new setup would be nice, and I've looked at quite a few.

One constraint is the high cost of shipping bulky items like new rigs my location. I purchased this back when Amazon sold PlaySeats directly and shipped it "free" as a Prime member. The current Amazon selection of racing rigs is pretty slim. But I am formulating a plan, I always wanted to learn how to weld. ;)

If you can do welding yourself, then you might as well go for it! That just leaves the seat - you can buy a racing seat off of eBay for relatively cheap (or maybe even Craigslist?). I don't know of any other options unfortunately... you could try to get it re-upholstered, but I imagine that might end up being just as expensive as getting a new cheap seat.

i also have a very old playseat, that i now stripped to the wire, but i just use two pillows :D Centerpost is an nuisance, but there are plenty of DIY-type of solutions that people have tried and you can look up on google. Unfortunately i'm not really handy enough:P

Get creative man, I recently bought a used Playseat Evo for $80 in same condition as yours. The white vinyl was chipping and leaving a mess. Unfortunately I could do much with seat with even painting the vinyl with vinyl paint because it didn’t stop chipping. However everything else turned out nice. Just searching for a good deal on replacement seat.
1CEBAAB5-A3DF-444E-8D38-E1A84C20B9EE.jpeg

Attachments

• F94F43EF-ADEA-4C41-B10C-6AB208C0890C.jpeg
    F94F43EF-ADEA-4C41-B10C-6AB208C0890C.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 108
  • D46C000F-CEAA-448E-98E8-1829438513EF.jpeg
    D46C000F-CEAA-448E-98E8-1829438513EF.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back