Playstation Network probl. (can't log in, nor register a new account)

• Thread starter Niels
  • 0 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
snorretik
Ok so I've got this problem. I've bought GT5 and today it arrived. So everything good and stuff. But I haven't touched my PS3 for a while.

Now I've got a problem. My PSN account is registered on an email adress I recently deleted (or something similar, anyway I can't get on it anymore).

Now I turned on my PS3 since like... januari or something like that. And now it says my account has had the same password for too long now. And so I can't log in. They sent an email adress containing a new password to my old email adress. Now I don't care.

But I can't find a way to register a new account at PSN either. And yeah it might be a small bug but as far as I can remember I always get a bug about the "website" being down when trying to get on PSN through my laptop.

So now I have to do it by signing up a new account through my PS3. It seems to be possible but I don't know where I'm supposed to do that.

Reason why I'm posting here? Well if you or any other person has trouble with PSN you can first browse through the FAQ. And then when you still don't have a solution you can ask help in the community section... AFTER you log in with your PSN account. Wich isn't possible.

As far as registering a new account through my PS3, I only see a button in the playstation home / store / what's new section with "sign in". But it doesn't have a button anywhere to register. I thought it might be user limited so I made a new user in the PS3... but it's not possible either :P

Lol. This is kind of a stupid problem.

By the way, there's supposed to be maintenance on 11-03-2011 or 03-11-2011 (whatever you like) wich in my timezone is tomorrow. It's in the evening. So... it shouldn't be down yet... the website at least.

Any thoughts, tips or advice? Could be that I'm just overlooking some other rather obvious alternative. But I don't know any alternatives anymore. There doesn't seem to be a contact page either with email support... just the community.

Edit:
Would be cool if someone could maybe just post this topic in the community forums of playstation network. That way I might be able to get a solution to the problem. Or register a new account for me or something if someone else is able to.

Last edited:
Back