PlayStation Project Leonardo: The Accessibility Friendly PS5 Controller

• Thread starter Famine
  • 13 comments
Looks like a glorified Bopit

il_fullxfull.881971015_56mv.jpg

Last edited:
Great for people with disabilities. Microsoft introduced a similar platform for xbox years ago, was about time that Sony caught up.
I'm also interested to see what the community will do with this. The Xbox accessibility controller was used for quite a few cool and interesting controller hacks/mods, I hope to see the same here.

It's really nice to see for people with disabilities. I will confess however that my first selfish thought was at the mention of it being in tandem with other controllers, and also that it had inputs for external analog devices or button sets and how that could open up the possibility of additional peripherals that work within this framework, and also how it may force more flexibility on developers about supporting multiple input devices and letting us map inputs to what we want to use them for.

There are a few members here that play with limitations, I hope they see this! Surprised they have not done it sooner honestly.

There are a few members here that play with limitations, I hope they see this! Surprised they have not done it sooner honestly.
I being one I'm just wondering what the stupid price will be! I have ra arthritis I'm OK with the wheel for a while but with ra I drop lot's of things lose strength in arms,can't tell if I have grip lots of time.

Dear Sony, now bring forth an authorized emulation software package with over 50K games from legacy consoles and computers, onto the PS5, and you may very well sell over 10 million of these controllers.

or just let me use it as a bluetooth gamepad on existing said 'super gaming consoles'. Glad to have discovered this.

Last edited:
I being one I'm just wondering what the stupid price will be! I have ra arthritis I'm OK with the wheel for a while but with ra I drop lot's of things lose strength in arms,can't tell if I have grip lots of time.
I know the frustration. 14 months ago I had my punky and side of my hand amputated, and I suddenly drop things in both hands even though my left hand is fine. My left hand got weaker even though I was using it almost exclusively for months. It still belwilders me when I drop things, I grab things extra tight in shops. I can still use a normal controller though thankfully but if does aggravate my hand.

I know the frustration. 14 months ago I had my punky and side of my hand amputated, and I suddenly drop things in both hands even though my left hand is fine. My left hand got weaker even though I was using it almost exclusively for months. It still belwilders me when I drop things, I grab things extra tight in shops. I can still use a normal controller though thankfully but if does aggravate my hand.
Have you ever tried arthritis gloves they fit tight on hands have ends of fingers cut off, I use them not as much as I should . They wash up nice.

Back