8. PS TV uses the same core hardware as the PS Vita
  9. It’ll act as a 'second PS4' through Remote Play
  10. PS TV supports DualShock 3 and 4 PlayStation controllers
Specs
  • Media: PS Vita Card, digital distribution
  • Power: DC 5V in (max 2.8W)
  • CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore
  • Memory: 512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM
  • Storage: 1GB internal, expandable via PS Vita memory card (4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 GB)
  • Display: HDMI out (720p, 1080i, 480p)
  • Graphics: Quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4+
  • Sound: 2 channel LPCM
  • Controller input: DualShock 3, DualShock 4, PlayStation Vita
  • Connectivity: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HID), ethernetLAN (10 BASE-T, 100 BASE-TX)
  • Online services: PlayStation Network
  • Dimensions: 65.0 × 105.0 × 13.6 mm
  • Weight: 110 grams
Please feel free to ask any questions, share your experiences or any issues.

Last edited:
It's available from 14 October and Amazon is accepting pre-orders. Would love to get some feedback how it performs since it needs pretty good WiFi.

Anyone already own this (Japanese version PS Vita TV), please provide feedback to the rest of us?

I'm keen on getting one to put in the second room since it's fairly inexpensive device but see if there are other costs associated such as upgrading my Wifi router and if there's any latency issues with local remote play to start off with as Playstation Now is a bit off and internet in Australia isn't getting affordably-faster anytime soon.

Last edited:
Can it do any local media streaming? I'd probably get one if it does, but if it doesn't I'll probably just stick with my Ouya instead.

Are there any latency issues for you with the controller?
Not at all. The stick on the PSP is not very precise where as a PS3 joystick is a lot better and I found challenges to be easier. The only thing a had a problem with was downloading it to the PS TV. I had to download it to the PS3. Then I had to link them and copy it over to the TV. I had to look it up online because their was no instructions and I didn't know what I was doing. Otherwise I do like the thing and I hope they do more with it. GTPSP is good on the big screen

I'm not really sure if I would recommend the PS TV. As a system alone it doesn't have very many games and it's hurt by the fact that it has no Netflix. I don't own a PS4 so I'm not sure how the streaming between the consoles are. On the other hand GTPSP is better with Dualshock 3 than the silly stick on the PSP. Make sure to do research before you buy it to make sure it's something you want. Maybe things will be different later on but right now it's good but not perfect

Just got my PS TV with Persona 4 Golden.

It's a pretty good system but it can't run 1080p and the games from Vita look quite worse due to the screen size of the TV, that's understandable though, PS4 streaming sounds great and I'll probably try that out pretty soon.

Back