PlayStation Won't Be at E3 2019

Audio output. I set up my gaming rig for high quality surround sound. PS4 gives me a 3.5mm stereo output on the controller, or I can buy $30 splitter to pull the audio out of the HDMI and send it to my sound system. These are expensive, noisy, and they are -crap-. It is just unimaginable to me that this console would not have digital audio out to connect directly to an audio system. Am I the only gamer with a standalone audio system?

PS4 Pro has digital audio out. I spent $300 for PS4 and will be lucky to get $200 for it at gamestop. PS4 Pro will be $400, which means I will be paying actually $500.

Not planning on a repeat of this expereince at all.

Or you could just buy a quality receiver to handle the audio 💡

I think you are not understanding the problem. I have a $3,000+ professional audio system. The problem is with the PS4.

It's the other way around: PS4 has nothing but a 3.5 mm jack in the controller. No audio output on the console whatsoever. The PS4 Pro has optical audio out, which is what I was expecting when I first bought my PS4. I was astounded to find this was not the case. Astounded that many games have such outstanding audio, and yet the console itself does not.

It's the other way around: PS4 has nothing but a 3.5 mm jack in the controller. No audio output on the console whatsoever. The PS4 Pro has optical audio out, which is what I was expecting when I first bought my PS4. I was astounded to find this was not the case. Astounded that many games have such outstanding audio, and yet the console itself does not.

I have vanilla PS4 and a PS4 Pro and both have optical audio outputs. Maybe yours is the Slim, or they have since removed the optical on base PS4?

Back