Playthrough till GTS

United States
Lenoir, NC
SonicSupraRZ
So, with all the delays and things going on with GTS going on I decided to hook the PS3 up and play some GT6. I didn't complete the game before and I'm prob gonna restart it and play from the beginning. Now, here's where I ask you guys for your professional help. I really want this playthrough to be realistic. I'm talking full on sim. Before hand I played with driving assists and all on. Mind you I'm not a good racer at all and my tuning skills are the weakest of anyone playing the game, but I wanna learn and play the game like it's suppose to be played. So with that said, who can give me some advice? How should I play GT6? What settings for assists and such. Thanks for the advice ahead of time!!

So, with all the delays and things going on with GTS going on I decided to hook the PS3 up and play some GT6. I didn't complete the game before and I'm prob gonna restart it and play from the beginning. Now, here's where I ask you guys for your professional help. I really want this playthrough to be realistic. I'm talking full on sim. Before hand I played with driving assists and all on. Mind you I'm not a good racer at all and my tuning skills are the weakest of anyone playing the game, but I wanna learn and play the game like it's suppose to be played. So with that said, who can give me some advice? How should I play GT6? What settings for assists and such. Thanks for the advice ahead of time!!
Just use ABS 1 and everything else off 👍.

Just ABS1 and remember that you don't need the quickest cars to get through career mode. Practice walking before you start trying to run.

I read a signature from one of the users here (can't remember who) that sticks in my mind. "Don't practice till you get it right. Practice till you can't get it wrong." Probably not verbatim but the general gist is there. Practice, practice and then practice some more. You'll get there.

Go ABS 0. It will take some time to learn it but it adds a lot to the experience. And compared to GT5 the brake force is much better balanced between the front and the rear wheels, so you don't have to worry about locking the rear wheels anymore when you go ABS 0.

I don't know if you use a wheel, but personally for getting the maximum enjoyment and immersion from driving games I recommend using a force feedback wheel and stand (or rig if you have the space). Get one which is suitable for both GT6 on PS3 and GTS on PS4 such as the Thrustmaster T150. Try and drive either ABS1 or 0 as advised above - you won't need driving aids if you use a wheel. Get used to racing with less grippy tyres - this will improve your control and the lines you take around circuits. Ideally aim to race on the tyres that come with the car as standard or perhaps one grade slipperier. Once you have got into the career perhaps try racing online against real people - they will be much harder to pass than AI drivers, but as a result the racing is much more satisfying. Skip Quickmatch (it's full of crashers) and look for a league or race series to join - there are lots of good ones advertised on GT Planet.

Final suggestion - why wait for GTS? - presumably you already have a PS4 - if so get a copy of Project Cars and / or Asetto Corsa and enjoy those until GTS comes out. I have found that the improvement in sound and graphics with the PS4 games is such that it is hard to go back and enjoy GT6 on the PS3 - I wish I had switched to the PS4 earlier!

"Some people practice till they get it right, I practice till I can't get it wrong." Its no longer in my sig, but I still follow it for whatever it may be that I choose to do in life. When I first started playing GT5, I could hardly keep a car on the damn road. :lol: Through hard work and practice, I eventually became a top 30 driver in the world. Not too bad, for a 40 something year old at the time, who never played before with physical limitations. One thing though....along with practice, you have to have heart and determination. Without heart and determination, you are just going through the motions. ;)

Here are sevwral tips that can help you out on the long run:
- Look ahead of the track. I mean looking further ahead tha what you are use to. This will improve your awareness and reaction time. Check out some of the actual real race drivers videos on this matter. You can find some on YT.

- Keep cool/calm. Don't spend too much time stressing out over a mistake and keep on pushing through the track (you can always restart the race). I often see people losing their cool over a mistake and end up making the situation worse by over reacting etc.

-Don't be afraid to experiment. Your driving style might differ to the next guy. It's awsome to find a great tune... but some aspect of it might work for the original tuner but might not be for you. For example, if you find that turning on traction control or driving line helps you out, do it. It's all about having fun and enjoying the game. You can always turn assists off and hone your skills that way later on. Ofcourse certain seasonal or events might have rules and regulations. But aside from those sessions, do what works for you.

I don't know if you use a wheel, but personally for getting the maximum enjoyment and immersion from driving games I recommend using a force feedback wheel and stand (or rig if you have the space). Get one which is suitable for both GT6 on PS3 and GTS on PS4 such as the Thrustmaster T150. Try and drive either ABS1 or 0 as advised above - you won't need driving aids if you use a wheel. Get used to racing with less grippy tyres - this will improve your control and the lines you take around circuits. Ideally aim to race on the tyres that come with the car as standard or perhaps one grade slipperier. Once you have got into the career perhaps try racing online against real people - they will be much harder to pass than AI drivers, but as a result the racing is much more satisfying. Skip Quickmatch (it's full of crashers) and look for a league or race series to join - there are lots of good ones advertised on GT Planet.

Final suggestion - why wait for GTS? - presumably you already have a PS4 - if so get a copy of Project Cars and / or Asetto Corsa and enjoy those until GTS comes out. I have found that the improvement in sound and graphics with the PS4 games is such that it is hard to go back and enjoy GT6 on the PS3 - I wish I had switched to the PS4 earlier!
I use the wheel for GT6 and the paddle shifters do not work how can i get them too?

Back