Please don't flame me.

• Thread starter Jtek1980
  • 20 comments
I have a PS2, GT1, 2 and 3.
I want to get these 'hybrid' cars and whatnot, but I'm lost on how.
I've searched and searched and searched and...you get it..
I'm not searching for the right thing.
I ned to know what to get. I see these Shark Port 1 2 3..whats the best? I know I can get them, I've seen them in local gaming shops.
I'm reading and reading on these guys already having shark this and shark that, needing codes here and there, yet still not sure where to start.
If there IS a thread for that with explanations & whatnot, please direct me there as I've almost given up, well I guess you can say I did, reasoning for this thread.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

The Gameshark - and similar devices like the Codebreaker, Action Replay, Equaliser - are little cartridges you put into a memory card slot. They require long and complex Hexadecimal (base 16) code entry and can only be used for cheating.

The Sharkport, and the identical Xport (version 2 for PS2) are USB peripherals which connect the PS2 to the PC, allowing transfer of files between the two. Using a 'Port device AND mk's GT3gEdit utility (available for download on my site) you can create vast garages of hybrid cars (using the guide, available on my site) in the space of time it takes to make one Gameshark hybrid. Plus you can use the 'Port to store files on your hard drive and never need to buy another memory card again. And since they are significantly cheaper than all but the cheapest 3rd party memory cards, you're laughing.

BUT the 'Port will not work with PS1 games (GT1 and GT2).

for 1 and 2 you will need a Dex-Drive, these are now no longer in production.

As for your ps2, and you plan on buying an X-port (Shark-Port is no longer in production "screw madkatz") and you have a model 5000 or above, keep your hard wear and send an e-mail to their technigequal support (message Mr.Chaos for that) and them that you own a model 5000 or above, They will send you a new disc that will work with it, and you can download stuff. a previous mistake made by one of out members (and now you know) is if you purchase a shark-port, dont tell them that. Tell them you bought an X-port.

I'd might suggest buying a Code-Breaker for a cheating device, costs around 12-20 bucks in most stores, has reliabe codes, pluss you dont have to buy a new one every few years because a company threatens to nolonger produce codes for it. though for some reason version 1.0-2.0 are working as well anymore. currently on version 7.2 so im sure the age got to it.

Ok, I think I'm starting to catch on...
I need an X-Port, not Shark Port or MadCatz.
I then need to contact Mr. Chaos at where? For a model 5000 or above X-port.
Then I'd be set. Do as the instructions tell me and off I go.
omg I hope I got it right!
If not, just talk to me like a grade school underachiever haha! Truthfully!

No no no, slow down.

Datel = X-Port, Action Replay/Max
Mad Katz= Game Shark (currently on version 4? lil help please somebody?) Shark Port (no longer in production) and the Dex-Drive (no longer in production)
Pelican = Code Breaker

look at the back of your ps2. there should be a sticker that has registration and all sorts of stuff for it. There should be a model number. If its model 5000 or above the X-port/Shark-port cd wont work with it, but the cords will. You will need to message Mr.Chaos to get the e-mail adress for Datel Techniqual Support, or find it on their website and explain to them that your ps2 is a model 5000 (or above) if you bought a shark-port from like e-bay, do not tell them that. Lying is ok when ps2 hard ware is on the line. (thank you Nate for helping me get a new disc)

any other questions?

(Famine you old fart, lol just kiding)

Oh man, I hate to ask, but anybody have a picture of what item I need?
I looked at the back of the PS2 and the # starts with PT156384528 on the white sticker and the serial # is U5638452.
It doesnt make any sense to me =(
I guess its out of my league.

Directly above the Serial Number - right at the top of that sticker - will be the word "Sony". Next to that it'll say "Model No. SCPH-" and five numbers. That's your magic five numbers.

But frankly, if it's got an iLink port in the front (little square hole next to the two USB ports), a Sharkport will work on it. If it doesn't, it won't.

Then it should work. My PS2 is newer than that (Oct '01 :D - SCPH-30003) and it works fine.

It's just the newer upgraded ones there seems to be an issue with.

Xport and Sharkport are essentially the same thing.

You won't find a new Sharkport - they were discontinued - but you'll find used ones on eBay and the like. You may find a new Xport, but few shops stock them.

Either will work. Assuming you have a computer with Windows 98 or better.

I'm at least 4000 miles away from you. So no. I've no idea what shops even exist in the USA.

That said, the Sharkport/Xport has been discontinued, so you're unlikely to find any in the shops. eBay really remains your best bet.

Riseagainst7412
o yea...that was a stupid ass mistake...well does anyone else kno?
Hi Riseagainst7412:
:D I just checked e-bay & there are 33 listed today. Average price $16.00 so even including shipping they'd be much less than the $27.00 I paid for the only one I've EVER seen in a store. (& That was nearly 2 years ago! :eek: ) 👍 ...UB57 :D

EDIT: I just got "Out Bid" on one that went for $17.00 including shipping.

Since i'm a newbie at this xport thingy..i might as well post. Also just recently bid on brand new x-port with less than 1hr to go..it's as good as mines! no watchers no nothing! lol...doesn't mean those that want it to start outbidding me...can't wait...i'll be able to share my replays...

Back