PLEASE give us information in game

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by slthree, Jun 29, 2020.

1. slthree

slthree

Now that I have force feedback sorted out and I’ve done a database rebuild on my PS4 Pro, this game is sublime!

Many will say that frame rate is the biggest problem with the game but I think the biggest problem with the game is...

L A C K O F I N F OR M A T I O N

Why doesn’t this game tell us anything?

It doesn’t explain anything when you are in the menus.
    It doesn’t give you any feedback when you’re doing hot lapping trying to get track medals.
    It doesn’t let you review anything after a race except for total time.
    It doesn’t even let you look at fastest lap data and where your Delta is after a race.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. TaxedStratCat

TaxedStratCat

Some more in depth stats and info would be nice for sure especially in career and championship mode.

FinnZevo likes this.
  3. TT92

TT92 Premium

It doesn't tell you why you got disqualified
    It doesn't tell you at the time that you will be DSQed
    It doesn't tell you what parameters are needed for obtaining trophies
    It doesn't tell you the gap to the next placed car behind you only to the car directly behind you (in lapped traffic)
    It doesn't tell you how to reorganise the HUD (if possible)

JEverettL, rich m, Daz555 and 3 others like this.
  4. slthree

slthree

And it doesn’t allow us to use crew chief or any app that could help with the spotter

dlshearon and FinnZevo like this.
  5. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Isn't there a page in the MFD that lists classification instead of track positions?

6. Moguzi

Moguzi

Not true. It shows allmost everything. Use MFD and set ”race info” to on.

lancia delta hf and twoskodas like this.
  7. twoskodas

twoskodas

in the options menus in hud section you can choose to run with track medal info in any practice or race mode

slthree likes this.
  8. TT92

TT92 Premium

This is what I do. So what specific point were you referring to?

rich m likes this.
  9. aaron0288

aaron0288

Tell me if I’m being dumb here but do you have to enable the MFD? I have “cycle MFD” mapped but it does nothing when I press it.

10. John G

John G

I think you can change the display between the order of cars on the road and actual position in the race

lancia delta hf and dlshearon like this.
  11. Moguzi

Moguzi

At least the race info tells when you take warning or penalty and why.

My game tell all the time what need to do for track medals.

MFD show gaps

12. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

The lack of info in-game is actually one of the biggest long standing and on-going complaints on the official forums as well.

Here are some very good resources that may help the situation a bit:
    Setup guide for beginners: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/setup-acc-pdf.141952/
    Wiki (somewhat incomplete): https://www.acc-wiki.info/wiki/Main_Page
    Aris' videos (extremely informative but veeeery time consuming): https://www.youtube.com/c/ArisDrives/videos

If you watch all of Aris' videos thoroughly and take notes then I'm pretty sure you'll have a Master's degree in Assetto Corsa Competizione by the end. :lol:

Ewoc, Jtheripper, Dookie789 and 3 others like this.
  13. slthree

slthree

I love his videos. They are extremely informative. After all, who knows the game better than the developer of the game

But, he loves to talk and it's going to take great patience to listen to these long diatribes that he goes on sometimes.

Fortunately, he's very likeable and the information is always good

Jtheripper and Whitestar like this.
  14. losbuttcheeks

losbuttcheeks

I feel like the game has a lack of info as well. The setup screen with the info text next to it doesn't tell you anything. They could easily have added some guidance with the setups. I'm not familiar with some of the terms used and would like to be able to get some general direction about what the settings do. We are all able to overcome these small gripes so big deal really but i just feel like there was a lack of understanding when it comes to console gaming.

davidt33 likes this.
  15. John G

John G

He has a decent series of TL,DR videos where he cuts down his 3 hour videos to more like 5 minutes :tup:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Whitestar and Scaff like this.
  16. davidt33

davidt33

Ditto to this.

17. RussRobit

RussRobit Premium

I agree that they should explain the basic rules and what's expected of you along with an overview of what options do what.
    I was watching one of of Aris' videos and he explained why they don't have an in depth guide. It basically boiles down to language. The game is published in many languages. For each language they have to hire an interpreter. Most interpreters know nothing of motorsports so details get lost. Everytime there are changes in game they have to call up the interpreters and apparently this takes a lot of time, money and resources that a small developer just can't afford.
    Personally I'd rather have resources spent on improving the game itself and depend more on the community for guides and in-depth explanations.

Rosty_14, klondike and Jtheripper like this.
  18. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi

They could just have a rules guide in English on their website and then people could google translate it. Even if its not 100% it would be better than nothing