PLEASE give us information in game

• Thread starter slthree
  • 22 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
Now that I have force feedback sorted out and I’ve done a database rebuild on my PS4 Pro, this game is sublime!

Many will say that frame rate is the biggest problem with the game but I think the biggest problem with the game is...

L A C K O F I N F OR M A T I O N

Why doesn’t this game tell us anything?

It doesn’t explain anything when you are in the menus.
It doesn’t give you any feedback when you’re doing hot lapping trying to get track medals.
It doesn’t let you review anything after a race except for total time.
It doesn’t even let you look at fastest lap data and where your Delta is after a race.

Last edited:
Now that I have force feedback sorted out and I’ve done a database rebuild on my PS4 Pro, this game is sublime!

Many will say that frame rate is the biggest problem with the game but I think the biggest problem with the game is...

It doesn’t give you any feedback when you’re doing hot lapping trying to get track medals.
It doesn’t even let you look at fastest lap data and where your Delta is after a race.

It doesn't tell you why you got disqualified
It doesn't tell you at the time that you will be DSQed
It doesn't tell you what parameters are needed for obtaining trophies
It doesn't tell you the gap to the next placed car behind you only to the car directly behind you (in lapped traffic)
It doesn't tell you how to reorganise the HUD (if possible)

It doesn't tell you the gap to the next placed car behind you only to the car directly behind you (in lapped traffic)
And it doesn’t allow us to use crew chief or any app that could help with the spotter

Not true. It shows allmost everything. Use MFD and set ”race info” to on.

Tell me if I’m being dumb here but do you have to enable the MFD? I have “cycle MFD” mapped but it does nothing when I press it.

This is what I do. So what specific point were you referring to?

At least the race info tells when you take warning or penalty and why.

My game tell all the time what need to do for track medals.

MFD show gaps

The lack of info in-game is actually one of the biggest long standing and on-going complaints on the official forums as well.

Here are some very good resources that may help the situation a bit:
Setup guide for beginners: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/setup-acc-pdf.141952/
Wiki (somewhat incomplete): https://www.acc-wiki.info/wiki/Main_Page
Aris' videos (extremely informative but veeeery time consuming): https://www.youtube.com/c/ArisDrives/videos

If you watch all of Aris' videos thoroughly and take notes then I'm pretty sure you'll have a Master's degree in Assetto Corsa Competizione by the end. :lol:

if you watch all of Aris' videos thoroughly and take notes then I'm pretty sure you'll have a Master's degree in Assetto Corsa Competizione by the end. :lol:

I love his videos. They are extremely informative. After all, who knows the game better than the developer of the game

But, he loves to talk and it's going to take great patience to listen to these long diatribes that he goes on sometimes.

Fortunately, he's very likeable and the information is always good

I feel like the game has a lack of info as well. The setup screen with the info text next to it doesn't tell you anything. They could easily have added some guidance with the setups. I'm not familiar with some of the terms used and would like to be able to get some general direction about what the settings do. We are all able to overcome these small gripes so big deal really but i just feel like there was a lack of understanding when it comes to console gaming.

I love his videos. They are extremely informative. After all, who knows the game better than the developer of the game

But, he loves to talk and it's going to take great patience to listen to these long diatribes that he goes on sometimes.

Fortunately, he's very likeable and the information is always good
He has a decent series of TL,DR videos where he cuts down his 3 hour videos to more like 5 minutes 👍

Last edited:
I agree that they should explain the basic rules and what's expected of you along with an overview of what options do what.
I was watching one of of Aris' videos and he explained why they don't have an in depth guide. It basically boiles down to language. The game is published in many languages. For each language they have to hire an interpreter. Most interpreters know nothing of motorsports so details get lost. Everytime there are changes in game they have to call up the interpreters and apparently this takes a lot of time, money and resources that a small developer just can't afford.
Personally I'd rather have resources spent on improving the game itself and depend more on the community for guides and in-depth explanations.

The lack of info in-game is actually one of the biggest long standing and on-going complaints on the official forums as well.

Here are some very good resources that may help the situation a bit:
Setup guide for beginners: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/setup-acc-pdf.141952/
Wiki (somewhat incomplete): https://www.acc-wiki.info/wiki/Main_Page
Aris' videos (extremely informative but veeeery time consuming): https://www.youtube.com/c/ArisDrives/videos

If you watch all of Aris' videos thoroughly and take notes then I'm pretty sure you'll have a Master's degree in Assetto Corsa Competizione by the end. :lol:
You can add this...it's quite like the game manual
Comes from the official support forum;

Welcome to ACC,

We have compiled this short tutorial for the SRO championship for new users, and it would probably benefit all new players so we decided to share it here as well.

At the end of the document you also find useful links that give you a more in-depth look of certain features and the level of simulation in ACC.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xo52PFjuMrvILXtC-5R_9yS_9lGox6PS6JzA19Qjvz0/edit?usp=sharing

It also has a "too much information" problem... Today i was leading an on line race and building a gap to the p2 and i got blue flags all over the place!
Maybe because of my car's shadow... idk!

Go look in the pc section watch the YouTube videos it's all out in the open if you look.

Back