Please help a newbie

  • Thread starter Thread starter pondy666
  • 10 comments
  • 673 views
Messages
52
Messages
thepondy666
As I'm a newbie to on-line racing (and a more "mature" gamer) I have been confused by a few things whilst online :confused:. First I have read the racing rules and I'm Ok and AGREE with them, now then my issues.

1. When I'm lining up for a drag run, what's with the head on nudging?
2. I cruise round a track keeping out of the way I seem to pick up "stalkers" who follow me bumping the car?
3.Laws and cop rooms can someone explain (UK preferable)

I'm sure I'll think of other things that I will remember, and if you have raced me and I've caused a collision, I apologise I do try and keep out of the way of faster drivers.Finally please add me thepondy666
 
Last edited:
I hate playing online i have the same problems with people bumping into me
 
I think that some people just want to muck about without racing and annoy genuine racers. The most annoying is when they reverse or suddenly do a doughnut infront of you.
 
Don't race on the online lobbies, try to join a race series here on GTP
 
Don't race on the online lobbies, try to join a race series here on GTP

ye, people here are more serious and it´s fun to drive with most of them. i don´t get the point of people in open lobbies doing the things the op said, either. it´s just a waste of time if you don´t wanna race in a game what´s about racing... duh!
 
My best advice would be to sort lobbies under "race for real" and look for rooms which emphazise on clean racing or look for GTP in the room title. Notice the players who take things seriously and add them as friends so you can easily find them again on another occasion.
 
Make a room with all assists off and long races, state this in your title and you should only get pro's joining (and the odd Spanish dirty driver)!

Why oh why PD can't make it so people going backwards for more than 3-5 seconds get disqualified or you just pass through them?
 
Asking this question on this forum is the way to do it, I've been slowly getting my friends list stocked with good clean racers - then start your own private lounge and invite them - I'll add you myself, but you're in the UK and lag problems may be too big to get a good race. If there's anything you need to borrow let me know and I'll put it on share for you. Good luck and welcome to GT5 :)

Maybe they should have a "little children wanting to crash x2010's" option.
 
king4951
Maybe they should have a "little children wanting to crash x2010's" option.

👍


I don't really understand the cops and robbers rooms either. If you want to do that go play Hot Pursuit and stop clogging up the servers for the people who want to race and not have 75mph speed limits in a racing game.

Also what do you mean by the drag question? Please clarify.
 
Colepepper- what I mean is I park my car waiting for a competitor when someone drives upto me slowly and nudges/bumps my car head on, I assume trying to attract my attention.

As a side though I ended up on a room last night where the speed limit was 40mph....
 
In drag rooms it is common to have someone "ghost". This is where the two drag racers line up and get ready while someone else parks in front of the racers. They will then hit the start button to "go ghost" and become transparent,allowing the racers to pass through the signaling car. This signals the start of the drag race. This is a good substitute for lights at a drag strip.

I am not sure if this is what they are doing but it is pretty likely if you were in a drag room.
 
Back