please help a newbie.

United States
United States
I just recently got gran turismo sport and are going through the driving academy.

I got to the one that has the Tokyo Outer Drive race and it says to pit and finish the race.

My question is WHERE is the pit?

I can't seem to find it.

thanks for helping a newbie out.

The Tokyo tracks have one of two pit entries depending on the configuration. If the start/finish line is in the tunnel, the pit entry is in the tunnel. Otherwise, the pit entry is about 2/3 of the way through the circuit right after a tight right-hand hairpin turn.

thanks my friend..appreciate it. does that mean the pits are on the right side?

They'll be to your left.

If it's the hairpin entry, it's going to be at the very back of the turn. It's very easy to miss. Basically, instead of completing the turn just take the first part of the turn, you'll be facing a parking garage. It'll be towards your left as your facing the building.

Wait. I turned on the game to see exactly which mission you were talking about and I'm confused. Driving School Mission 40 is Tokyo Outer East but the mission there is to finish the race without pitting. The missions that require pitting are Brands Hatch and Miyabi. Which one are you trying to complete?

If you're looking for pit entrances, it's a good idea to go into Arcade / Time Trial and bimble around the track in any car you fancy to find it. Then you'll be prepared for the races that need you to pit.

Out of memory, you have to manage the fuel map of the engine.

On the D-pad,move left or right to scroll between radar, map, brake balance, there is the green one wich is the fuel mapping.

Hey guys. How are you finishing the number 40 race without running out of gas? Any tips?

The game wants you to learn how to use the fuel map, as described by @Mc_Yavel. Although, in this game short-shifting is often more effective.

If you're using a manual transmission, shift when the rev meter reaches roughly 2/3 full. IIRC, you'll still have to fuel map a bit in this mission but a lot less with short shifting.

Last edited:
Out of memory, you have to manage the fuel map of the engine.

On the D-pad,move left or right to scroll between radar, map, brake balance, there is the green one wich is the fuel mapping.
Ok I've got my display to be used with my left stick. I've seen the fuel mapping then what do I need to do?

BTW I've got a automatic transmission.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the fuel mapping then what do I need to do?
Every test has a video which you can watch in the game which explains it. I've just watched the video for this one and it explains it. You can also find it here:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help.

Got a question for you. My Left and right directional buttons are how I steer the car. I tap the up and down arrow directional buttons and nothing happens.

I can't move the fuel gauge up and down. Arghhh.

Finally got it! Thanks for your help guys. Took 4th but happy.

Side note. After finishing 4th my free car was a Pagani Huayra!!!! Sweet ride. My best so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back