PLEASE HELP - Daily Races

• Thread starter Holiday
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
My issue is, anytime I try and race a Daily Race it lets me qualify and enter the race but then it just locks up at the starting grid. It's completely destroyed my rating. I CAN race in any multiplayer lobbies. I have zero problems in those lobbies. It's only the daily's that won't let me race at all. ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!

My issue is, anytime I try and race a Daily Race it lets me qualify and enter the race but then it just locks up at the starting grid. It's completely destroyed my rating. I CAN race in any multiplayer lobbies. I have zero problems in those lobbies. It's only the daily's that won't let me race at all. ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!
Have you tried everything here?

Have you tried everything here?
I unfortunately can't change most of my internet settings with my current provider. But I have no other issues with any online gaming at all and I can join every multiplayer lobby on GT7 with no issues. I currently run NAT type 2. Its just the daily races. It lets me qualify and lets me join the race. Then once all drivers are at the starting grid it just freezes everyone. Then I'm forced to quit which just destroys my driver rating. I've seen a few others talk about this on a forum.

I unfortunately can't change most of my internet settings with my current provider. But I have no other issues with any online gaming at all and I can join every multiplayer lobby on GT7 with no issues. I currently run NAT type 2. Its just the daily races. It lets me qualify and lets me join the race. Then once all drivers are at the starting grid it just freezes everyone. Then I'm forced to quit which just destroys my driver rating. I've seen a few others talk about this on a forum.
What on the list can you do? Are you on WiFi or wired to your router?

I suppose I can try to change the IP address. Also, maybe a corrupt game file? Uninstall and reinstall. Which doesn't make sense because as stated I've raced hundreds of regular online multiplayer lobbies.

I am wired from a 5G T Mobile router.
That's likely the problem. GT7 is very sensitive to network environments. The multiplayer lobbies and Sport Mode races are a bit different (not sure how exactly) which is why one works for you but not the other.

What settings from the list are you able to change? Anything you can do might help.

Yea it's so frustrating. When I get home I'm going to try to change some of the settings as you mentioned. There's not a whole lot that T Mobile lets you change on their side of the internet setting side.

I have T Mobile as well and I can’t join any sport races. I haven’t tried reloading the game but did start a new PSN account and am trying GT7 from the start again to see if I can join Sport races on the new account. If that works, then I know it’s not my ISP.

Last edited:
Yea not a bad idea. Frustrating stuff man. I’ve literally tried everything. I just went and got a new gateway device and the piece of crap won’t even turn on now lol! So now I have to go back to the store and get another new one. What a joke.

Just tried using a T Mobile router and I can get in races but I get lots of glitches. Have to go back to my cable connection, which unfortunately is twice as expensive as the T Mobile home internet.

Back