PLEASE Help! DESPERATELY! Gt5 I Can't race AI Cars?/ I Can in TimeTrial Alone.?

• Thread starter ZooMinMIr
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
ZooMinMIr
Hello guys , Sorry for the AllCaps in heading but I'm really having a weird issue, I have researched for over a week now RELENTLESSLY! IM VERY DISAPPOINTED. I am no Novice in the technical skills needed to figure this out also I am a PC Tech.

Real Quick , My Main problem Explained>>>>> When in game gt5 2.17.... I can't race against Other AI Cars in Gt Mode or in Arcade Race? When I click to load track in either one the screen goes Black to Loading screen, Stays Black for Approximately 3-4 seconds and just goes back to previous screen. I can hit X again and Process Repeats itself.( never locks up) only option is to hit O and exit out.???<<<<<< Now I can do Same Track in either mode (time trial or Practice) and it loads right up as long as there is no AI Cars.??? Also before updating game not even 2.0 update I Could Race against AI Cars... But w/o Updatecorrectly.e is not even worth playing? I mean I remember when I launch game first time and it goes to auto update it Started at # 1 of 23 I believe, I think 5-7 gigs of update, that's a lot of missing content to go threw Gt Mode in not including graphic,physics,Hardware, wheel settings BUGS. Ect..!!

Just to explain why this is so important to me, is I never got to play the game in career mode/Gt mode. And I'm Very Bored these days! I'm Completely doing 100% of the game before I go to Gt6 Also. ;).

I just want to play it Offline.! But I need the game to be updated at least 50% before I start to play.. I'm sure you guys understand where I'm coming from.

OK so I got my Gran Turismo 5 out and began to install a fresh copy on my PS3 that has never even had the game on it. ( I know it don't work Online anymore) First off my PS3 is current in System Updates 4.75 or 4.76 , My copy of Gt 5 Is prolly one of the first versions, came with the ps3 (bundle) in 09 I believe.... So anyway I do auto updates until it was all done. 23 updates I believe then installed from disc for loading times. Got into Game and the First 2 races available in A spec will not load into the track to race, I have regulation car. When I click to load any of the available tracks it just Acts like its loading track with Black Screen then just goes back to the track selection again.??? And in Arcade mode in All available Tracks no matter what I do, I have tried all settings before actually trying to race, But if I do Time Trial or Practice in Gt Mode I can load All available Tracks NO PROBLEMS???? AND all other features of the game Also Work No Problem???

The only thing I can think is wrong is maybe in process of updating 23 updates I lost Connection a few times so it had to pick back up where it left off... I started at 1 of 16 the one time I lost connection but everything said it installed correctly My internet is not the best so it takes a day or so to get all updates and before I delete everything and try again I'm trying to inquire to see if any has either had this problem or heard of it..

I could just play the game stock off the disc but wouldn't I be Missing Alot of important Fixs with the game alone besides the DLC stuff?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANYONE THAT HAS READ THIS FAR, IT MEANS ALOT TO ME TO GET THIS GOING, ITS THE ONLY GAME I HAVE FOR PS3.

PS3/GT5
G27 WHEEL
50" SAMSUNG SMART TV. AND NO LIFE! TY, LOL ;)

Hello guys , Sorry for the AllCaps in heading but I'm really having a weird issue, I have researched for over a week now RELENTLESSLY! IM VERY DISAPPOINTED. I am no Novice in the technical skills needed to figure this out also I am a PC Tech.

Real Quick , My Main problem Explained>>>>> When in game gt5 2.17.... I can't race against Other AI Cars in Gt Mode or in Arcade Race? When I click to load track in either one the screen goes Black to Loading screen, Stays Black for Approximately 3-4 seconds and just goes back to previous screen. I can hit X again and Process Repeats itself.( never locks up) only option is to hit O and exit out.???<<<<<< Now I can do Same Track in either mode (time trial or Practice) and it loads right up as long as there is no AI Cars.??? Also before updating game not even 2.0 update I Could Race against AI Cars... But w/o Updatecorrectly.e is not even worth playing? I mean I remember when I launch game first time and it goes to auto update it Started at # 1 of 23 I believe, I think 5-7 gigs of update, that's a lot of missing content to go threw Gt Mode in not including graphic,physics,Hardware, wheel settings BUGS. Ect..!!

Just to explain why this is so important to me, is I never got to play the game in career mode/Gt mode. And I'm Very Bored these days! I'm Completely doing 100% of the game before I go to Gt6 Also. ;).

I just want to play it Offline.! But I need the game to be updated at least 50% before I start to play.. I'm sure you guys understand where I'm coming from.

OK so I got my Gran Turismo 5 out and began to install a fresh copy on my PS3 that has never even had the game on it. ( I know it don't work Online anymore) First off my PS3 is current in System Updates 4.75 or 4.76 , My copy of Gt 5 Is prolly one of the first versions, came with the ps3 (bundle) in 09 I believe.... So anyway I do auto updates until it was all done. 23 updates I believe then installed from disc for loading times. Got into Game and the First 2 races available in A spec will not load into the track to race, I have regulation car. When I click to load any of the available tracks it just Acts like its loading track with Black Screen then just goes back to the track selection again.??? And in Arcade mode in All available Tracks no matter what I do, I have tried all settings before actually trying to race, But if I do Time Trial or Practice in Gt Mode I can load All available Tracks NO PROBLEMS???? AND all other features of the game Also Work No Problem???

The only thing I can think is wrong is maybe in process of updating 23 updates I lost Connection a few times so it had to pick back up where it left off... I started at 1 of 16 the one time I lost connection but everything said it installed correctly My internet is not the best so it takes a day or so to get all updates and before I delete everything and try again I'm trying to inquire to see if any has either had this problem or heard of it..

I could just play the game stock off the disc but wouldn't I be Missing Alot of important Fixs with the game alone besides the DLC stuff?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANYONE THAT HAS READ THIS FAR, IT MEANS ALOT TO ME TO GET THIS GOING, ITS THE ONLY GAME I HAVE FOR PS3.

PS3/GT5
G27 WHEEL
50" SAMSUNG SMART TV. AND NO LIFE! TY, LOL ;)

Hi Zoominmir - Two versions of GT5 were produced - the original disc which requires many updates and a much later version called GT5 Academy Edition - this version contains updates beyond version 2.0 and therefore includes all the paid for DLC cars which were released on GT5 (a lot of very good cars were released - it also includes DLC tracks such as Spa) - this disc was released to enable new players to play GT5 without doing lots of updates so that they could enter a special GT Academy competition. I always recommend people to ignore the earlier disc (even if it was free from a friend) and buy the later disc instead - I just checked and it is only £5.79 brand new from Amazon UK!

If you are already using the later version of the disc (GT5 Academy Edition) then I am sorry, but I don't know what to suggest.

PS - Welcome to GT Planet!

Last edited:
I'll try to see what version I have in the morning, I know I got my game with my PS3 when I bought it Brand New. It was a ps3+gt5 game bundle, Only reason I bought the PS3 was to play gt5, my gt5 disc case has a sticker on it saying " Nissan gt Academy" and " compete for a chance to become a real pro........"

Sounds like after looking around tonight again I may have to delete everything to do with gt5 from ps3 and install disc data first Offline then start the auto update and I'll verify that I can load AI Cars and Tracks periodically, I guess if it works to a certain point I'll know where to stop at whatever version it quits at.

Was gonna wait to see what suggestions people had on here before I start that process, I don't care if it takes me a week really, I'll be patient.

;) thanks a lot!

ZooMinMIr. Tj.C.

Yeah I'll just get the, Gt5 Xl Edition (2012) mine is 2010 (98144) the other has everything I need for Offline play I imagine..

I'll see if I can get it working today though installing DIFF I believe the (2012) version is only 2.15 if I can get the 2010 working with 2.17 then I'll feel special. Lol

Looks like 7.99$ NEW in case free shipping, thanks SICK CYLINDER!!!! All in all I believe you will have solved my problems if I'm unsuccessful with my current version.

Any suggestions in the meantime though I'm all ears Still, I have to get 7.99$ somehow if I'm getting the XL ver. So I'm still a week out from racing... Most likely..

;) ty

Back