PLEASE HELP : Driving Force GT Wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter DrBimmer
  • 17 comments
  • 1,499 views
Messages
45
Messages
aBMWdriver
What is going on with the horn on this wheel? Does it sound during the game; when you press the horn button, does it honk?

I called logitech and spoke with a rep and at first he told me the horn illuminates but serves no function, and then he told me he would just double check, came back and apologized and said the horn is supposed to honk/sound IN THE GAME GT5 Prologue. So I returned the product and exchanged it with a brand new wheel. And guess what????? SAME PROBLEM. Horn button illuminates but does not sound or honk when you press the horn button........ I dont know what to do now.

DOES ANYONE / ANYBODY HAVE THIS WHEEL OR KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Maybe you could read the review in this post: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3025795&postcount=11

I didn't read it myself although I made the post. Maybe the problem to your answer is there.

And while you're at it, maybe you could look in this part of the forum which is dedicated for wheel problems like yours.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I don't have this wheel but I guess that others will be able to help you. I remember that some members wrote that the horn does work in GT5p but only for the BMW M3



:)
 
If I remember right, honking is only implemented for a car or two yet. Try the BMW M3.
 
If people start honking at me online I'm gonna get pretty pissed off pretty damn quick :grumpy:
 
I'd say wait for the next update. This is probly the case since the game came out before the wheel. Not positive but best guess..
 
Omg that would be hilarious, honking at someone online in the F1... But uh, ya silly...still :)
 
First person to honk at me in game is going directly into the nearest sandpit!

Subsequent honkers can expect the same response

You have been warned :irked:
 
First person to honk at me in game is going directly into the nearest sandpit!

Subsequent honkers can expect the same response

You have been warned :irked:
I don't have the DFGT, so I'm going to flash my headlights when I'm behind you. :p
 
I want custom horn tunes like the one from Dukes of Hazard. ;) :D
 
In-game animations of you waving people by that are flying up on you.

Or waving bye as you scream past someone - That should be saved for flying past all those goofs that are out there bashing into everyone. 👍
 
No sound with M3. I made an incident report with logitech second time around. Will wait and see. Does anyone else have this wheel?
 
Problem solved

pab2181gj8.jpg


Yes I have this wheel
 
I have the wheel and frankly I don't care about being able to honk my horn at anyone. Its a blasted video game, not I-70 freeway.
 
lol....funny replies anyways i agree, dont need it for gt5 but just wanna make sure my product is not defective thats all . so im getting the sence nobody can honk in the game. any suggestions on how to use the hweel...ABS ASM RBS LBS etc
 
lol....funny replies anyways i agree, dont need it for gt5 but just wanna make sure my product is not defective thats all . so im getting the sence nobody can honk in the game. any suggestions on how to use the hweel...ABS ASM RBS LBS etc

Yes, turn all of that garbage off. Except for 1 ABS. Its much more rewarding to drive it how the pros do. The pro don't have ABS, but for this game..Its a must..

If you are new to the wheel then just turn it off, get used to it and eventually you will be faster than if you had that crap on.

Sorry about the I-70 comment, I am sure the horn works, but why oh why do you need a horn? lol It would be interesting to see which games it would work for. I thought I heard that Grid Demo has a horn feature..
 
why oh why do you need a horn?
Yeah, like someone is going to pull over to the side if you honk at them. :lol: Though it might intimidate some drivers if you keep honking while coming up on them.
 
Back