Please help -- Game glitch or PS3 broken?

  • Thread starter Thread starter desolate
  • 5 comments
  • 679 views
Messages
16
So my bluray drive on my PS3 stopped working, not as a result of anything to do with GT5. I bought a new drive on eBay, hooked it up, and gladly it worked and loaded GT5 on the first try. We played it all last night. I load up the game today and do a b-spec endurance race and when I came back to it, Bob just kept going over the lap limit with no gas. I couldn't do anything except press the 'look behind' button. I believe I've heard of this glitch before on here. When I tried to quit game, the screen went to black. I had to hit the switch in the back to turn it off. Now, my PS3 won't load any games or even DVD's. Nothing. There isn't some glitch in the game that would cause this to happen, is there? I'm thinking either the drive is shot after 1 day (great) or a ribbon came loose or something.. even though I didn't even touch the system after we finished playing other than just turning the thing on. We are going to open it back up to make sure, of course.

tl;dr Seemed like game glitch at first, but now my PS3 won't play any discs at all. Is there any evidence of the game doing something like that?
 
This sounds like the drive is either faulty or has not been installed correctly. I would double-check the cables inside the console. But you do have an old system, maybe it's time for a slim?
 
This sounds like the drive is either faulty or has not been installed correctly. I would double-check the cables inside the console. But you do have an old system, maybe it's time for a slim?

Yea, it's the original 60gb PS3. Sony offered me to send this one to them and I could have a slim for $100. I just couldn't do it. I love my fat PS3, even though all this crap happened. No backwards compatibility with the slim, no card slots in the front, etc. :yuck:
 
So no one else has had this problem? I just wanted to make sure.
 
Right before my PS3 got YLOD it was like someone put a power limiter on my Citroen C4. It wouldn't get over 90 mph. Everything else seemed normal. Later that day YLOD.

I know what you mean, I loved my fatty 60 gig. I have a slim now and it just doesn't feel like it's mine, as weird as that sounds. It looks like an entertainment center intruder sitting where the 60 gig used to be.
 
Right before my PS3 got YLOD it was like someone put a power limiter on my Citroen C4. It wouldn't get over 90 mph. Everything else seemed normal. Later that day YLOD.

I know what you mean, I loved my fatty 60 gig. I have a slim now and it just doesn't feel like it's mine, as weird as that sounds. It looks like an entertainment center intruder sitting where the 60 gig used to be.

I feel your pain, brother. I just can't get rid of it. Thankfully it hasn't got the YLOD.

I just took it apart again and reconnected all the cables and still... nothing. :grumpy:

I guess it's time for a return.
 
Back