Please help me find a Intel Motherboard with 12V USB Ports.

As the topic suggests anyone know of a Intel motherbaord that is capable of supporting USB 12V ports? I would perfer to have at least 3 or 4 of these ports and support a C2D processor.

I tried newegg but no luck, I am now trying tigerdirect.

For anyone interested it is something like the greenish bluish port in this product.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999155
resize.php

As the topic suggests anyone know of a Intel motherbaord that is capable of supporting USB 12V ports? I would perfer to have at least 3 or 4 of these ports and support a C2D processor.

I tried newegg but no luck, I am now trying tigerdirect.

For anyone interested it is something like the greenish bluish port in this product.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999155
resize.php

The first review refers to them as being proprietary connectors of AeroCool's PowerUSB system. It doesn't sound like they are something you'd find on a motherboard. What do you need them for?

Yeah, I read the article but as you said it was for that Aerocool product.

Anyways they are proprietary on compaq, dell, IBM, and hp motherboards but those are very expensive!

I was looking to see if I can find something like ASUS, DFI, or some company like that, which makes motherboard with these ports on as proprietary. But i think i am outta luck because I tried all the places I usually buy from such as newegg, tiger direct, frys, and zip zoom but no one seems to have it so i will just get one from the big name Dell, Hp/Compaq, IBM people. Thanks for taking the time though man! I appreciate it.

Probably never going to find one. I've never seen a motherboard with 1 of those ports on it, nevermind 4.

Would this be a suitable replacement?
bus-103.jpg

Hmm...I doubt it as it has that mini usb and i think my application requires regular USB. But thanks for the suggestions anyways guys i am just gonna get a regular POS machine with text overlayer, and confiure it...this should be fun haha.
Once again I appreciate the suggestions!

And for those curious it is for a POS (Point of Sale) machine, I really didnt need it but I was looking for a one box solution in which i can put my custom camera system in as well. But its all cool. :D

Back