Please help me setup my logitech g27 wheel for gt5p

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 5 comments
Can you guys please tell me what all the settings are in order to get the most realistic driving experience from my g27 wheel? There's so many options that I don't know which one works.

However, I don't see the option for the g25/g27 wheel in the menus at all, and I know the g27 wheel was released after prologue so I don't expect it to be listed, but shouldn't the g25 be in there? So which wheel would I select then?

You won't see an entry for the G25 or G27. I think you will use the Driving Force GT entry. Be aware that the paddle shifters won't work, you will have to use the gate shifter.

Good Luck

well i use a DFGT.. as far as selecting a wheel goes you probably only need to do that to change buttons around.. what you can (and i recommend) do is turn all driving aids off, set the wheel to simulation (even if it doesnt work), and put the force feedback to the max... the less driving aids you use the more realistic.. if its too much for you at first keep the ASM on till you improve...

As mentioned before there won't be a G25/G27 listed, but the game will still use it and be plug and play. IIRC, you need the shifter plugged in for the wheel to work, but since using the clutch is prohibited for use in GT5P here at GT Planet, you ignore it until GT5 (assuming it will work fairly and properly then?). You can use the paddle shifters or just move through the H-pattern gear box.

As for the most realistic settings; the more the merrier. I know people who are pretty ripped and in shape *cough*Strop*cough* and have everything to the max. If you have the settings that high, your times will likely increase, so I'd recommend you play with it for an hour or so to get a feel of the feedback settings on 10 and 0 and then try 5, etc. until you find a setting that works for you (I think mine is set to 6?). Under these steering settings you can also adjust the realism level of your steering input (amateur, sim, pro) and I have no trouble leaving it on pro and require it as it lets me have complete steering control.

Hope that helps get you started, have fun!

Jerome

Thanks guy, unfortunately I have the japanese version, and its hard to navigate, but I see 2 Driving Force GT wheels, why is that? Which one do I select? And when I select it, it seems to go into this button configuration. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to select the wheel. Also I tried mapping my paddle shifters on my g27 wheel, but how do I assign it to the driving force gt wheel?

Also should I leave power assist on or off? Not sure what that's for.

1-10 on force feedback, 10 being the strongest correct? I have mine set on 1 and it still seems pretty strong.

Thanks guy, unfortunately I have the japanese version, and its hard to navigate, but I see 2 Driving Force GT wheels, why is that? Which one do I select? And when I select it, it seems to go into this button configuration. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to select the wheel. Also I tried mapping my paddle shifters on my g27 wheel, but how do I assign it to the driving force gt wheel?

Also should I leave power assist on or off? Not sure what that's for.

1-10 on force feedback, 10 being the strongest correct? I have mine set on 1 and it still seems pretty strong.

there are 2 wheels displayed for each set.. players 1 and 2.. for the G27 you cannot assign any buttons.. so u cant use the paddle shifters.. from what ive read on other posts, you have to hit triangle (reverse) after the start of a race or after looking at the XMB (midrace) to engage the clutch.. the force feed back only applies to DFGT or DFPro.. as does the setting between Sim and Pro.. but just for the hell of it i would turn those on to Sim and 10 on the Force Feedback with Power Assist off..

Back