Please help me with teh free race mode!

• Thread starter Adam West
  • 5 comments
I have the Jpn version and i'm having a hard time figuring out the Free Race mode. I want to set up a race with specific manufacturers (my dream of recreating best motoring shows) but i'll be damn if i can understand that Jpn text.

Can anyone possibly walk me through the process of setting up custom races in Free Race Mode?

Thanks in advance.

Thats the great thing about enthusia, that something GT4 lacks, being able to set up custom races. When you enter free race mode, first u select the track you want to race, then select your car obviously. Then when it enters the race screen, theres the list of options that are on the screen such as race start, replay, settings (I think?), grid, and exit. What you wanna do before you select start race, is to select the grid option, and then you will see the list of cars that are in the race including yours. To change any of the cars in the race, just select any car on the grid and you will be given the option of changing that car to any car you want (as long as you unlocked them already). Once your happy with your grid, then go back to the race meny and select race start. Hope that helps you.

Another thing good about this grid option, is that either in time attack mode or free race mode, is that when you select the grid option and select your car, your given the option of changing your car, or you can tune your car. You can select any of the tuning levels (1 to 10) and also set up the other attributes individually such as height or camber, etc. This is a great option as you dont have to always run your car in time trial or free race mode with a stock car.
Sorry if this post was long, but i just thought i'd let you know these things. (By the way, this is an extremely great, fun and realistic game, and also underated i think).

Happy racing people!
phat_khanht

Thanks very much man! So it's less complicatd than what i thought.

It's truly a shame that this game will probably fall under most people's noses. I'm thinking of buying the US version just to support Konami.

This is what GT4 should've been like - physic-ally.

Yes, sadly however it seems that you can't force the AI cars do drive without stability control and ABS....

Back