PLEASE HELP! - Windows errors

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 23 comments

Castrol96

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Southampton, UK
Hello, I have several errors now on my laptop thanks to Windows Support. The original error was boot/bcd error where an unexpected I/O error has occured (Status: 0xc00000e9). And the Windows Support told me to create a USB FDD recovery drive and re-install Windows 10. I did the following by deleting all the partitions and formatting the drive but I approached another error followed by more.

Whilst installing I approached error 0x80070057. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. My laptop manufactured cared less to help.

There's literally nothing I can think of solving this; shall I just buy a new HDD/SSD?

Is the USB drive a USB 3.0 or 2.0 and is it in a USB 3.0 port or USB 2.0 port?

It's a USB 2.0 in a 3.0 port; other ports strangely don't work.

EDIT: I've made a Disc Recovery now; and doesn't work too.

Hello, I have several errors now on my laptop thanks to Windows Support. The original error was boot/bcd error where an unexpected I/O error has occured (Status: 0xc00000e9). And the Windows Support told me to create a USB FDD recovery drive and re-install Windows 10. I did the following by deleting all the partitions and formatting the drive but I approached another error followed by more.

Whilst installing I approached error 0x80070057. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. My laptop manufactured cared less to help.

There's literally nothing I can think of solving this; shall I just buy a new HDD/SSD?
I had the same issue. I suspect that my SSD crashed due to age. Luckily for me I just so happened that I had a spare HDD handy and just used it to reinstall Windows 10 on to.

Perhaps it's a problem with the installation media? Just a wild guess.
I used Rufus to create a bootable Windows 10 USB (with the ISO downloaded from here), I've had mixed results with the Media Creation Tool.

Hello, this seems to be a good thread for general error messages.

I want to test Ford Racing 2 Demo before purchasing the real thing. After three screens or so showing company logos and licence policy, I get this:

FILES:573: Error opening file for reading: anims\intro_pc.wmv

and than the demo crashes when I click "OK".

I searched from top to bottom every file in the folder where the demo has been installed, no signs of the wmv file. I have a player that can read such extensions as well. It's unusual for a demo to have intro anyway, I suspect it could be a bug. Is there a way to bypass this?

I want to test Ford Racing 2 Demo before purchasing the real thing. After three screens or so showing company logos and licence policy, I get this:

I searched from top to bottom every file in the folder where the demo has been installed, no signs of the wmv file. I have a player that can read such extensions as well. It's unusual for a demo to have intro anyway, I suspect it could be a bug. Is there a way to bypass this?

The file is missing apparently, which will cause an error opening it. Copy any arbitrary .wmv file into the anims directory and rename it to intro_pc.wmv and see what happens.

Alternatively, contact the publisher.

Didn't work either,...shall I just buy a whole new HDD?

The HDD is RAW aswell and has a unexpected I/O error.

When the installation loads go to repair my computer and then go into command prompt.

Type the following

Diskpart

Select Disk 0

Clear

Format FS=NTFS QUICK

Exit

Try installing again.

This thread is relating to windows errors by the OP. not a ford racing demo error.

But going off the error your getting.

The file intro_PC.wmv is corrupted

Reinstall the game.

When the installation loads go to repair my computer and then go into command prompt.

Type the following

Diskpart

Select Disk 0

Clear

Format FS=NTFS QUICK

Exit

Try installing again.

Thanks, but I approached some issues (First ever time using Command Prompt)

DISK - Online a disk that is currently marked as offline.
VOLUME - Online a volume that is currently marked as offline.

When I typed "Format FS=NTFS QUICK"

There is no volume selected
Please select a volume and try again

The file is missing apparently, which will cause an error opening it. Copy any arbitrary .wmv file into the anims directory and rename it to intro_pc.wmv and see what happens.
I have added missing files using whatever samples I could find (the game kept asking me for more!), but now the demo crashes after reaching first proper loading screen.

What I would like to know is how can I open a crash log (I have the file, but everything in the file is cryptic) or any other program that can explain what happened just before the demo crashed. It just says "FR2 demo has stopped working" and doesn't offer any sorts of explanation or additional message whatsoever.

I have added missing files using whatever samples I could find (the game kept asking me for more!), but now the demo crashes after reaching first proper loading screen.

What I would like to know is how can I open a crash log (I have the file, but everything in the file is cryptic) or any other program that can explain what happened just before the demo crashed. It just says "FR2 demo has stopped working" and doesn't offer any sorts of explanation or additional message whatsoever.

I would suggest, first of all, opening a separate thread for this problem; as @Grayfox points out, this is not a general purpose error thread.

Next, as Grayfox also points out, I'd try reinstalling the demo. If that doesn't work, post in your new thread.

I would suggest, first of all, opening a separate thread for this problem; as @Grayfox points out, this is not a general purpose error thread.

Next, as Grayfox also points out, I'd try reinstalling the demo. If that doesn't work, post in your new thread.
I tried to reinstall the demo, and even install it on another PC with a different operating system. Completely identical results, no luck. I recently read on the 'net that people had more luck with the full game, demo is kinda broken unless it runs specifically on an older system. Ford Racing 1 and Ford Racing 3 demos work fine, so it must be an inner development issue I can't fix.

Thank you @BobK and @Grayfox for helping out, and I apologize for putting the topic here. 👍

Use the clean command in diskpart.

It will remove the partition table.

Should make it like a new drive.

I cleaned the single disk 0 (main hdd) but still when I install it I get the x80070057 error where could not format the partition on disk 0. Although, I believe cleaning the disk through command prompt may have fixed the I/O error.

Thanks for tips still. 👍

Run the command "chkdsk /r " in the command line. Sounds like your hard drive is dying though. You don't happen to have a spare laying around you could test with do you?

Run the command "chkdsk /r " in the command line. Sounds like your hard drive is dying though. You don't happen to have a spare laying around you could test with do you?

I did it but it appeared with "The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

Overall, with all the solutions I've tried non have seems to work, I'm gonna hand my laptop to my cousin which is experienced with computers. I'll ask him to try and solve the issue but if it doesn't work all that is possible is for a new Hard Drive.

I might have some spares but entirely I'll buy a new ssd (HDD are very faulty)

I did it but it appeared with "The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

Overall, with all the solutions I've tried non have seems to work, I'm gonna hand my laptop to my cousin which is experienced with computers. I'll ask him to try and solve the issue but if it doesn't work all that is possible is for a new Hard Drive.

I might have some spares but entirely I'll buy a new ssd (HDD are very faulty)

Since C:\ is currently being used it has to be done after a reset or start in the repair wizard and use that same command or the drive is dead or has password lock enabled.

What kind of PC is it? Some manufacturers like DELL or HP have on board diagnostics that can be launched from the POST screen. If you can run that it will tell you if your HD (or anything else) is toast.

What kind of PC is it? Some manufacturers like DELL or HP have on board diagnostics that can be launched from the POST screen. If you can run that it will tell you if your HD (or anything else) is toast.

The brand is Acer, I first asked Windows Support for help, they made the case worse with more errors and said we can't help you anymore we'll direct you to the Acer support. I spoke to Acer and the guy asked for £150 for a diagnose repair over the phone and said do it annually it will be support for you phone, printer, laptop? The guy seemed to be one of those Indian Scammers. He also had a fake English name aswell.

Back