Please Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Islandcactus
  • 17 comments
  • 891 views
Messages
6
How are ya folks?!

So I just ordered the Academy Edition because my internet is capped and I can't download 19 patches.

Got a few questions:

1) I wanna dive straight into the online), whats the best car to buy that will enable me to initially get into the most races right away?

2) The Academy Edition is supposed to be updated up to patch 2.07, hence I just have to download patches 2.08 and 2.09 right? The rest of the patches are on the disc?

3) Apparently there are some DLC cars on the disc, how do I find them in the game? Are they already unlocked and ready to use at startup or are they extra cars I have to buy?
 
1) I wanna dive straight into the online), whats the best car to buy that will enable me to initially get into the most races right away?

Every lobby is different. There won't be any single car better suited to more lobbies than any other - but you'll find that most rooms run between 400 and 600PP. I'd suggest heavily tuning it too, so that at least you have the option of running it reasonably standard (with a different set-up sheet) or well tuned.

2) The Academy Edition is supposed to be updated up to patch 2.07, hence I just have to download patches 2.08 and 2.09 right? The rest of the patches are on the disc?

Yep. The install will be the most recent version when the disc was stamped (might be 2.05, 2.06 or 2.07 - I don't recall). Only the subsequent patches will be needed.

3) Apparently there are some DLC cars on the disc, how do I find them in the game? Are they already unlocked and ready to use at startup or are they extra cars I have to buy?

You will get a voucher code for them (technically it's just downloading 100kb unlock keys, not the cars/tracks). Go to the PS Store, input the voucher code and download them. Then install them on the main GT menu (not GT Life) with the big red button on the right.
 
Famine beat me to the punch!
 
I can't imagine playing online games with an internet cap. That must SUCK.
 
Thank you so much for all the help and welcome, this seems to be one heck of an awesome community!

Last, last question when I get the code for the addon cars, can I use them immediately or do I have to buy and unlock them?

JeremiahTB: Even with my cap, I average 1.5MB and playing online hardly eats up anything (its in the kilobytes). Apparently playing online is nothing more than a matter of small data exchange.
 
You'll get a set of them gifted (in ticket form), but you 'll also be able to buy new ones whenever you feel like it. So long as you're at the appropriate level and have enough credits.
 
Darn it I know I wont have either!
Any suggestions on any particular car I should buy? (someone just starting a new game)
 
Well, you'll be gifted at least a full set of touring cars and most of what you get will be eligible for a Seasonal Event somewhere along the line, so it won't take long to get money and experience.
 
Welcome to :gtpflag: , mate. Famine's given you good advice above. The seasonals pay out very well so you can make money very quickly.

As for a first car, you probably can't go wrong with a highly modded Nissan GTR (Sorry, guys, :lol: ) with a decent tune which you can find here. (Click on 'Main' on the left side of the page & scroll down to Nissan. Enjoy! 👍
 
Last edited:
Thanks a ton you guys! I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of resources and tweaks, I mean holy crap this game is a universe of its own lol!

Thank you kind folks!
 
If you think that's good, you should see our book...
 
Reported for advertising!

:dopey:

:lol:

I've never seen IslandCatcus and Famine in the same place at the same time.

I suspect they are the same person and this is all a publicity stunt to lure GTPhiles into buying "The Book" :sly:.
 
We are indeed the same person! Except, I really suck and he's written a book. Where can I get this book?
 
Big yellow tab, top of the page. Or my signature :D

It's possible to suck at AND write a book about the same thing. If I were awesome at it, I'd being doing Jann Mardenborough's job right now :lol:
 
Go into shuffle races, you don't need your own car.

Or get a ZZII, fully tune it and it will have a good range.
 
Back