Please Let Us Know When COTA Arrives

United States
Addison, TX
MX5_Racer_69
Those of you who subscribe ... I'd like to request a favor. I've let my subscription expire and I'm taking a little break. Can someone post in this thread when either they've announced a release date for COTA and/or when it's actually released? When that track comes out, I plan on putting in many hours in the sim and then doing a track day down there asap.

Thanks.

I just saw the season schedule for season two which starts in 2 weeks and the cota is in the schedule. So it should be out within 2 weeks or so.

Right now, the only way GT gets me back is the track editor they promised. I will purchase whatever sim gives us the ability to model our local tracks so that I can practice them between track days. That's the only point of the sim from my point of view. So yeah, I'll be playing iRacing for the foreseeable future.

Edit: here is the iRacing schedule PDF from the other thread (see attached). Says the start date for COTA is 4/29 in the Lotus 79 B Spec race. Can't wait.

Attachments

• 2014 Season 2 Schedule.pdf
    129 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
COTA will be out on the next build, has already been confirmed by the staff, so that's in 2-3 weeks from now. Either the 28th of this month or the 5th next month.

FYI, COTA was released yesterday. We're on week 13 and there is an event at COTA (West configuration) with all GT3 cars (RUF, MacLaren and the new BMW Z4).

FYI, COTA was released yesterday. We're on week 13 and there is an event at COTA (West configuration) with all GT3 cars (RUF, MacLaren and the new BMW Z4).
And the new bmw is sweet. One of the best handling cars in iracing in my opinion.

Testing on COTA GP with Z4, isn't as daunting of a track as it was during week 13 madness. Watching the highlights from the Pirelli World Challenge, helped.

Now only if I could use the Caddy...

Back