Please Share Your FFB_Custom_settings.txt

• Thread starter Ormy1
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've just recently got back into sim racing after a five year break. I've bought a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and I picked up a copy of PC2 yesterday. After an initial struggle to get pedals calibrated (G27 pedals with DIY adaptor) everything is working fine and I can get to racing. Awfully steep learning curve but that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I noticed on the PC version you can edit detailed FFB settings in FFB_custom_settings.txt but I took a look in there and the settings look too complicated for me to start fiddling with (the in-game FFB settings on PC1 were perfect). So would anyone like to share their FFB_custom_settings.txt file? Anyone got a good one for a CSW 2.5? I searched on the internet and there are many examples already shared but none that I could find specific to a Fanatec CSW.

I want to get all my experimenting and setup finalised before I start the career mode.

I've only driven a handful of cars on a handful of tracks but I've found some in-game settings that work well for me:
Flavor: Raw
Gain: 100
Volume: 40
Tone: 50
FX: 25

Please let me know your settings too.

EDIT: Yes I did a forum search and I know there is already a wheel settings thread but most of the posts are from console users and don't mention the FFB_custom_settings.txt so I wanted to specifically ask PC users if they had created or found one that gives any improvement over default.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. After a lot of playing around with different files I have some conclusions.

Jack Spades files give really vibrant (violent?) feel to the road surface and kerbs which is really immersive, but tyre grip/skip info gets a bit lost and I find it hard to set good times. I was using the 'Alt, Lo Comp, Sop Diff' variant in particular.

Christiaans pure FFB file is interesting, lots of different subtle effects going on but everything was a bit too subtle for my taste. I was using the 'belt driven, without LSS, Jack spade FX' variant.

I'm now using PopsRacers file (thanks to @Animera for the suggestion). It combines the best of both and feels really great. The addition of a tactile transducers has replaced the violent kerb rumble I was getting from Jack Spades FFB.

My settings for PopsRacer FFB v07.030.2020
Fanatec settings:
SEN: AUT
FF: 95%
SHO: 100%
ABS: OFF
DRI: OFF
FOR: 100%
SPR: 100%
DPR: 100%
FEI: 90

Pcars2 ffb settings:
Gain: 100
Vol: 65
Tone: 40
FX: 40

This FFB file from "blames" over at RD is my favorite. I've tried all of them and either they were too "floaty" or didn't have enough road feel.

I am using an Accuforce V1 DD.
Custom/100/42/35/40

Very satisfying and immersive and very happy....Thanks blames!

"I tried Christians ffb file after using a modified version of Hugo Vai's custom FFB and found that it does not have enough roadfeel for me when using an AF wheel. So I mixed in some of the road texture and volume from Hugo's file and came up with what feels like a very nice mix to me. With in game FFB Volume around 46, Tone at 50 and FX at 25 I am getting a much better sense of the tyres biting into the road especially around corners."

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/amazing-new-ffb-for-pcars2.169750/page-2#post-3033207

This FFB file from "blames" over at RD is my favorite. I've tried all of them and either they were too "floaty" or didn't have enough road feel.

Custom/100/42/35/40

"I tried Christians ffb file after using a modified version of Hugo Vai's custom FFB and found that it does not have enough roadfeel for me when using an AF wheel. So I mixed in some of the road texture and volume from Hugo's file and came up with what feels like a very nice mix to me. With in game FFB Volume around 46, Tone at 50 and FX at 25 I am getting a much better sense of the tyres biting into the road especially around corners."

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/amazing-new-ffb-for-pcars2.169750/page-2#post-3033207
I've been using a copy and paste of the features I like of each. Starting with Christiaan's and then added engine rumble and adjusted feel. I know it looks Chinese in the files but I do some programming and make mods for AC so once you do some trial and error testing, you can fine tune to what you like.
I feel like Christiaan's is best to start with for DD wheels though.

Custom/100/42/35/40

I gave this a try, the feel of the bumps on the road is great but I'm not feeling grip/slip of the tires as much as I'd like so I went back to PopsRacers FFB. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I've been using a copy and paste of the features I like of each. Starting with Christiaan's and then added engine rumble and adjusted feel. I know it looks Chinese in the files but I do some programming and make mods for AC so once you do some trial and error testing, you can fine tune to what you like.
I feel like Christiaan's is best to start with for DD wheels though.

This kind of tinkering/mix'n'match is something I enjoy doing a lot but the Pcars2 FFB file is a bit beyond me with it's complexity, I don't do any programming or mod making myself (a few hours of Fortran95 sessions on my undergraduate 10 years ago, that's it). Are there any guides or anything at all that can help understand how the file works? Would you be able to share your FFB file (here or in PM) as that might help get me started?

A while ago I came across this post on the official forums: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Configuration-settings-for-all-cars-and-tips

Below the video is a link to a google docs file which has a lot of FFB information. I'm not sure how useful all the "ideal settings per car and track" pages might be - I'm not sure I even agreed with the few I did compare to my own. But the very last tab(you have to click the arrows at the bottom to get to it) has a custom FFB file in which they've added a good bit of instructions/explanations of what a number of the variables do. It's still a bit confusing and will surely take some tinkering to really understand but it's probably the closest thing to a useful guide I've seen.

I've not taken the time to do anything with it myself, but it seems worth the look.

Hey, that's excellent. Thanks. Better than I could explain it. And if anyone is having trouble locating the file, here it is.

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings_explanation.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 70
The choice of which ffb file seems to be greatly dependent on which and what type of wheel one uses. Unfortunately this adds to the difficulty in getting a positive and consistent solution for our driving needs. It is unfathomable that SMS seems to have only provided "generic" means to this end. Renato spent a lot of time focusing and polishing the AMS2 ffb parameters for it's users.

Back