Please welcome your new WRS administrator!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 24 comments

CFM

Starting in week 30, I am retiring from my duties as WRS mod and Cryil (aka flat-out) will be running the show. Please welcome him and be patient as he learns his new role. He's been a long time participant in the WRS and has done great work with his leaderboard as well. I really think Cyril is a great guy and perfect for this role, hopefully you will all agree with me. ๐Ÿ‘

As for me, I am ready to move on and do some other things with my free time for now, I'll still be around and may actually have some time to do a race or two if I can find some motivation for it. I will still be around GTP and Jordan had mentioned changing my status to Super Mod so I can give you guys grief in any forum I wish instead of just the WRS forum.:sly: I may still also post a WRS race if Cyril ever needs a sub for a week or two or needs help with anything else around the WRS

It's been great meeting a lot of new drivers and seeing my old cohorts pop in every now and then as well. It's been my pleasure serving you guys and keeping this WRS thing going strong week after week. Best wishes to all of you guys and gals, and good luck in your races.:cheers:

:bowdown: you did a brilliant job Todd ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers: to Cyril ๐Ÿ‘, you will do a great job.

Supermod Status :scared: :lol: good job ๐Ÿ‘

Just like the last 2 times WRS admin has changed i will help out when ever needed ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for all your effort Todd, I greatly appreciate it :bowdown:

Thx so much Todd! U ROCK!

And Flat-Out, :cheers: dude congrats, now I'm really jealous! Its gonna be quite a trip!

jump_ace

Ok, dude, its been great, well done you did a great job. Congrats Flat_Out, im sure youll do just as good a job as CFM has ๐Ÿ‘

WOW! That's a shocker. Thanks for all the wonderful combo's you have created for us. Take advantage of your new free time and congrats on the promotion. :cheers:

Flat-out, you got some shoes to fill. :dopey: I'm sure your combo's will be just as great.

I'd also like to thank CFM for an outstanding job in his position here, and best of luck to flat-out. Welcome to the moderation team!

Thanks heaps for all your work CFM, I've really appreciated it :cheers:

I also wish you good luck flat_out, I'm sure you'll do a top job ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks CFM for the work you've done ๐Ÿ‘ :cheers:

I've not been in the WRS very long (and lately haven't really spent much time with it), but the professionalism with which you (and Kent, of course) have run the series since I've been here has been very impressive.

:)

Congrats also to flat-out for getting the position :cheers:

Hope you enjoy it and come up with some great challenges...

Thanks for all your good work, Todd. :)

I haven't raced much under your "reign", but I have been hanging around enough to see, how you have handled the difficult situations with kindly firmness and great finesse. ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats on your new job, Cyril. :cheers: I know you'll do great. ๐Ÿ‘

Despite the huge work waiting ahead, I hope, you still can find some time to race. :D

we certanly had fun...

great races CFM :cheers:

now big welcome to flat-out, i hope he likes race cars :cool:

i propose the week 30 race to be the 'CFM memorial race'... cheers for all the time, effort and professionalism you have granted us all ๐Ÿ‘

good luck to flat out.... im sure he will have no troubles slotting in

Well done Todd. You've done a great job ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ Enjoy your new-found free time! :D

Congrats and good luck, Cyril ๐Ÿ‘

Many thanks for the welcome guys (and gals, though they haven't reacted yet).
And a big congrats to CFM for his successful commitment over the past 28 weeks.
:cheers:

That was a big surprise to me last week when CFM proposed me to take over the WRS, but I didn't hesitate much and accepted almost immediately.
I had planned long ago to post an interest check today for a team racing series using Mitsubishi tarmac rally cars. Too bad, it will never happen. However, I'm gonna re-use some races for the WRS.

Of course, week 30 will be a tribute race, but this doesn't mean it's gonna be an easy race. That might just be the opposite :crazy:

Other than that, you shouldn't expect any big changes, there won't be any (french) revolution in the WRS. I don't want to modify the deadline, but due to my time zone (GMT+1), I might be posting some races as much as 24 hours before the previous race deadline. This means that some races will last 7 days, but some others might last 8 days.

I don't know yet how much time the WRS will require from me, but I probably won't be able to read all posts in all threads.
Thus, I'll rely on all of you to deal with everyday issues that I haven't noticed.
That includes :
  • guiding newbies popping in without having run the registration race to the correct thread ;
  • checking NTSC replays (I'm PAL) ;
  • etc.
You can of course PM me if you want to point something I have missed.

See you all at the track.

--Cyril

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.:) They are appreciated for sure.๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

I don't know what I'm gonna do with my newfound free time. Probably finish up Endurance Hall so I can 100% GT4 finally.:dopey:

We owe a great debt of gratitude to all those people *poor fools* who take on the stewardship of the WRS.

Thank you CFM for some great work ๐Ÿ‘

And thank you flat-out (Cyril...sorry :) ) for stepping up to the plate after serving the WRS for quite some time already with the leaderboard. :) ๐Ÿ‘

Right, enough kissing butt. On with the show, let's race!!

Congrats Cyril and Todd! ๐Ÿ‘

I'm sure you both will be worthy of your new positions.

Thanks for all the good races, Todd ๐Ÿ‘ :cheers:

And welcome to Cyril as our new WRS administrator ๐Ÿ‘ :cheers:

That was a nice surprise :D

The Wizard.

Thank you for service to the WRS Todd! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ :bowdown:
I have enjoyed the challenges you have presented us each week, and wish you the best! :cheers:
I hope you will find the time to mix it up with us every once in a while in D1! :)

Welcome Cyril!!! :) I look forward to the challenges you have in store for us in the coming weeks. ๐Ÿ‘

Vive la WRS!!

Hi Todd,

It is not taken for granted by all of us here within the WRS to have people who dedicate their own free time to help others to have fun!

I think it says a lot about you, your personality and the way you approach other things in your life!

The same goes for flat-out and I wish him best of luck and congratulations on the new challenge!

As for CFM, Thank you for the good times, you made me appreciate a lot of cars who would otherwise just collected dust in the garage, and also helped me to re-discover some of the race tracks!

I also want to thank your wife and family for their patience and generosity to 'free' you for your WRS time and duties!

Look forward to race you on the tracks of this world!

Ciao Reto

Wow! 28 weeks went by that fast eah!

@CFM: Don't know you personally but from what time you've spent managing/running the WRS, I can vouch for you being a Top Notch Guy!

Hope to see you around sometime in any of the GTP forums and I'm sure all of us will welcome your participation in any future WRS race!

Good luck w/all your new found 'time' and most importantly, don't be a stranger to the WRS forum(s)! :D

Peace-

SimRaceDriver:

Thanks for some exciting weeks around this place, Todd. Hopefully you can join us on the track now and again. Until then, enjoy your free time. :)

Welcome, Cyril. Looking forward to the challenges you've got in store for us all. And thank you for helping to carry the WRS forward. :cheers:

Good work Todd ... ๐Ÿ‘ was a pleasure racing under your control.

GRATZ Cyril .. you will do a wonderful job, just like Todd and Kent did.

Havent been here for a week! and look at the havoc u guys get up to! :scared:
Its been great Todd! You have been a great mod! and you still are a great mod!
Congratulations on WRS, you did a great job. SuperMod Status eh? very nice

Welcome Cyril! and congratulations mate ๐Ÿ‘

Well good luck. I'll see you guys in a week or two. Great first combo flat-out :)

~~~~ Jase

Congrats on your promotion, Todd. :) Sorry I couldn't race more often while you ran the show, but you did a great job! ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to Cyril also. Don't forget to have fun while you're working. :)

Back