Plymouth Or Buick??????

  • Thread starter Thread starter THE HACHI KING
  • 45 comments
  • 2,936 views
Skylines are nice and all, but...all time performance car?

To me, performance means Jaguar E-Type or McLaren F1...or Corvette Sting Ray! XD

I had to throw that one in there...I love the Sting Ray...
 
my opinion not one of them i like
 
the e-type isnt very fast compared to todays standards but it is dam sexy
 
Toronado
... The Superbird may accelerate faster, but then you hit the top speed, and possibly even have to turn (there is a very good reason they only raced the Superbird/Charger Daytona at superspeedways), at which point the Buick would destroy the Superbird.[/size][/font]

It would be very nice to have the Ford Torino Talladega in GT4. I think that car was the real opponent to the SuperBird in nascar races.

I have a ghost replay with a Buick GNX in Nurburgring and I couldn't beat it even with a M5... :crazy:
 
actually the winged warriors won almost all the races they were including the 1's with rights :)
 
I prefer the Buick.



THE HACHI KING
dude, u need to ease up that is pretty ****in quick when you compare it to the 1999 nissan skyline gt-r one of the top performance cars of all time it is actually slower than this car in every catagory except for top speed!

0-60 in 5.2 seconds
0-100 in 13.0 seconds
Quarter mile in 13.7 seconds
top speed of 155 miles per hour

Give me a 1999 GTR and I guarantee I will out perform who ever did that test. Except the top speed which is actually 111mph due to speed limiter. (very easy to by pass)


Fonce Diablo
To me, performance means Jaguar E-Type.....[snip]

Which is slow in todays standards.


4nh3ll
I have a ghost replay with a Buick GNX in Nurburgring and I couldn't beat it even with a M5... :crazy:

If we are talking about standard cars then I find that hard to believe, but I will try it myself.
 
GT-Rs are really limited to 111mph? Was that another part of the "Gentleman's Agreement?"
 
Ebiggs
GT-Rs are really limited to 111mph? Was that another part of the "Gentleman's Agreement?"

All semi modern factory Japanese cars are limited to 180kph (111mph) (in Japan), easy to bypass in most cars.
 
180k, huh? So this means I can outrun a stock Evo on a long enough straight. Cool! :D

I think the GNX is a pretty cool car, but I really have a soft spot for crazy cars made strictly to win races. Besides, as a part-time Mopar fanboy; Plymouth > Buick.
 
Emohawk
180k, huh? So this means I can outrun a stock Evo on a long enough straight. Cool! :D

A Japanese standard Evo yes, not an exported one. Loosing the limiter one of the first mods done anyway, I can do it to my car by cutting one wire.

Anyway back to topic I wish we got the GNX turbo 3.8 in our VN Commodore that also uses the same 3.8 V6 but in standard form. The VL Commodore turbo that was meantioned is a Nissan turbo inline 6.
 
VIPERGTSR01
Anyway back to topic I wish we got the GNX turbo 3.8 in our VN Commodore that also uses the same 3.8 V6 but in standard form. The VL Commodore turbo that was meantioned is a Nissan turbo inline 6.
Half of the cars made by GM in the past 20 years have that old pushrod 3.8. It's nearly as old as the smallblock. :lol:
Turbo inline 6? Out of what? The Skyline? Is it like the one out of the GTS25, only turboed?
 
Toronado

Turbo inline 6? Out of what? The Skyline? Is it like the one out of the GTS25, only turboed?

No its a special single cam 3.0L for Australia (RB30E), that ended up getting turboed with no factory intercooler in Holdens (RB30ET). I have read that Aussie R31 Skylines were to get this engine aswell but Nissan Australia turned it down because Nissan Japan said they must install a factory intercooler to use that engine. (Australian factory R31 Skylines never came turbo)


Toronado
Is it like the one out of the GTS25, only turboed?

There is a turboed GTS25 engine (GTS25t, RB25DET), but Japanese only.
 
they also stuck the gnx 3.8 in the lat 80's turbo trans ams now days they make all sorts of speed parts and even custom block that make over 1500hp
 
Back