Pocket dump!

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 23 comments

W3H5

Premium
Thailand
Thailand
Here’s the exciting contents of my pockets.
E9F5A885-E0AE-4514-9C1D-0FBA870AE9C1.jpeg

The key varies depending on the vehicle I’m using.

Technically it sometimes ends up in my backpack if I’m travelling by bike, but these are the items that I don’t leave home without.

This is also commonly called EDC or “everyday carry”.

Dump your pockets here for all to enjoy…

TB
Why would you have a watch in your pocket?
Because I don’t much like wearing a wrist watch so I only wear it when I need my hands for driving or eating. The rest of the time it lives in my pocket.
I have considered removing the straps and fitting it to a fob but I still wear it on my wrist occasionally.
Why carry the keys to 3 vehicles?
I don’t. As mentioned under the picture, the key I have varies with the vehicle I’m using that day.

I also carry a handkerchief and a pack of gum/mints but they were still in my jeans when I took the photo.

Last edited:
Everything on the watch is on the phone. Also a pen? That's a little odd, seems uncomfortable. My pockets are like yours except no wallet, watch, pen, coin and when I'm not driving I don't have a key.... actually not much like yours.

My phone carries my license, cards, cash, etc. on the back.

So lose one thing, you lose it all? Eggs in one basket type thing.

iPhone
Debit card and ID in a wallet
Gun and folding knife
Three keys on a ring
The gun best be a 38 stubnose just because if it's a 22 you just might make someone mad!

Also a pen? That's a little odd, seems uncomfortable.
As I work in a school it would be irresponsible of me to carry a pocket knife. The pen doubles as self defence item.
I also use a physical notebook to keep notes to ensure my handwriting doesn’t degrade from constantly typing.

Phone that took the picture...

Wallet
Ink Pen
Door Tags
Portable Power Bank
USB ---> USB-C Cable
Lanyard/Work ID is often in my pocket rather than around my neck as the breakaway likes to break away significantly easy with the sweat I accumulate.
The paper to the right is my pay stub from last week. The numbers I have written down are our afternoon route numbers.

20220920_215740.jpg

Last edited:
Enough stuff to provide ballast in GT7. Usually keys, a couple multi tools, a couple flashlights, a couple of pens, a lighter (though I don't smoke), spare keys, phone, ham radio, and a pistol. It's legal to carry a pistol here and I took over a hundred hours of self defense classes. Situational awareness, conflict avoidance, and de escalation are better "weapons" than any gun, and they cannot be outlawed.

I'd scan that Honda key into a CNC machine, but I'd never get the car home from Thailand... :lol:
(Probably has an immobilizer that I couldn't program, anyway.)

Last edited:
I'd scan that Honda key into a CNC machine, but I'd never get the car home from Thailand... :lol:
(Probably has an immobilizer that I couldn't program, anyway.)
If vehicle theft was a thing where I live, I’d actually lock my cars lol.
The key you can see, for the Midnight Runner, fits a bike that would wake the dead when started (muffler delete), if you managed to get past the Honda HISS - or whatever they call it, and my pair of angry guard cats.

The cars do have immobilisers from the factory, but the red key is remote, so that could be bypassed easily enough. Good luck getting it through neighbourhood security, into a port and onto a freighter without raising suspicion.

How cool would it be if I had the funding to ride/drive all the way to your neighbourhood and let you steel my vehicle? If I could ride the Midnight Runner across the world, I’d (probably) happily give it away as a ‘prize’ and say it was stolen. I’d have to fly back home though, which would make carrying a helmet a bit of a bitch.

Oh, well off topic…!

I’m thinking of adding a shemhag to me EDC right now because the weather is turning cooler.

My “not a work day” essentials

iPhone 13 Product Red (Not pictured)
SolarShield sunglasses
Wallet
Various Keys and Apple AirTag on a Corvette belt buckle keychain
Casio F-91W watch
Utility knife
FDA8C2B0-AEA4-4460-AA62-4004F56731E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back