Point system in FIA races

• Thread starter PrinceMG
  • 1 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norway
Norway
Anyone have a clue about how the points are calculated in FIA races? I don't have a clue ...

One race I qualified 3rd and stayed in third until the final corner where the guys in front hit each other. I won and got just below 400.

Another race I qualified in pole and was leading the entire race. My fastest lap in race were over a second faster than number 2 in qualifying. Won the race and got just below 400.

In the third race I qualified in 5th or 6th and had close racing with the guys in front and behind me. Finished 4th and got just below 400.

Today I tried to challenge the system and deliberately qualify last and wait for the entire field had done almost a lap in the race. Then I drove as fast as I could and easily set the fastest lap (more than two seconds faster than pole in qualification). Finished last (obviously) but only got 20-ish points.

How on earth do the best people get up to 1800 points each race? I'm not able to get more than 400 points no matter how I drive. Clearly there are some kind of cheating going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back