Pointless but Realistic

Messages
139
yesterday i was driving in Japenese Compact Cup using a 04' miata and noticed that PD added lights to light up the license plate on the back. I just thought this was wierd because I haven't seen any other cars like. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on other cars.
 
Mazda x-5 Special
 
the real life Chevrolet Swift sedan had those. a Cherokee also.
yes that is more realistic and pointless
 
ImprezaAddict
the real life Chevrolet Swift sedan had those. a Cherokee also.

Just about every car built in the last 20 years has these lights - legal requirement. As for GT4, I believe these lights were in GT3 also. Not entirely sure why - did Mazda insist on it or something?? Or do PD like the MX-5 a bit too much?
 
RenesisEvo
Just about every car built in the last 20 years has these lights - legal requirement. As for GT4, I believe these lights were in GT3 also. Not entirely sure why - did Mazda insist on it or something?? Or do PD like the MX-5 a bit too much?

Certainly is a legal requirement in the UK, MOT failiure without them.

In regard to GT4 it would not surprise me if Mazda insisted, its the sort of thing that manufacturers do; either that or the 3-d modeler for the MX-5 was just a bit anal as far as the detail goes.

Regards

Scaff
 
Scaff
Certainly is a legal requirement in the UK, MOT failiure without them.

Yup, it's a requirement on this side of the pond, too.

Scaff
In regard to GT4 it would not surprise me if Mazda insisted, its the sort of thing that manufacturers do; either that or the 3-d modeler for the MX-5 was just a bit anal as far as the detail goes.

+1
 
Wolfe2x7
Scaff
Certainly is a legal requirement in the UK, MOT failiure without them.


Yup, it's a requirement on this side of the pond, too.

Also legal requ in all states of this big wide brown bit of dirt commonly known as Australia
 
gooseter
Also legal requ in all states of this big wide brown bit of dirt commonly known as Australia

Also in Finland and all of the EU region.
 
I still wonder why PD didn't bother to include more lights in the game.

why isn't there dimmed headlight? or why aren't there lights when you go backwards? It's not like they couldn't do so (the pacecar has many lights flashing around for no apparent reason ...
 
well my comment changed the topic here
 
Well lets get back on topic. And I don't care if real cars have lights there. I know they do. I was talking About cars in GT4.
 
Back