Points system FIA

• Thread starter Ash451
  • 7 comments
England
England
Hi there, so I've came across a second problem on the game. I had done my best race on the FIA manufacturer champs and came 3rd receiving 1182 points at A/S level. I did the next race (2nd of the 3), naturally hoping to improve. Unfortunately a bad quali had me down in 14th, I got back up to 8th and recieved 1015 points. However in the archive,of all the points from the rounds, it said I got 1040?! Same issue in the other champ aswell?! I know it's not much but WTF is that about?!!!

I’m pretty sure only your last race counts, so if you redo it trying for more points and get less you lose your previous better finish.

Seriously? Why on earth is that not clearly stated somewhere absolutely gutted if that's the case!
Yep, it's definitely the case.

It's an official world wide event, so there are far too many details for it to be shown in-game.
It's been a while since I entered one, and there are none currently available for me to check what is actually stated.
Perhaps it could be argued that some details should be shown, if not already.

But you can find much more information about the game (not just for FIA races) on the official website.

As for the FIA races, there is a page on the website that has a fairly good overview of most things.
One of the points on this page relates to Point scoring during regular FIA races.

5. POINTS
When a player participates in and finishes an online race, points are awarded according to their final position. The points gained are determined automatically by the average Driver Rating of all players matched in that race.

*If players enter more than one race in the same Round, only the points earned in the last race of the day will count towards their Online Ranking for that Round.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/fia2019/detail/

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

It says that the best 5(I think?) Rounds by the end of the championship go towards your end total, not say your last most recent ones? so why would anyone assume any different than the best of any 3 races on a given round would be taken, not the last, most recent one. Thinking about it now I think I've lost a **** load of points due to this and I bet I'm not alone

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

It says that the best 5(I think?) Rounds by the end of the championship go towards your end total, not say your last most recent ones? so why would anyone assume any different than the best of any 3 races on a given round would be taken, not the last, most recent one. Thinking about it now I think I've lost a **** load of points due to this and I bet I'm not alone
In my opinion it's essentially the compromise they settled on to avoid someone gaining an advantage in scoring points simply because they have all the time in the world to play.
So they won't limit how many times you can race in one round, and they won't limit how many rounds you can race for that stage.
But only the last race you compete in for that round counts for points, and only 3 (it varies) rounds will count towards your total score for that stage.

So instead of people just doing race after race and hoping to find a race where they score big points, once you have entered and loaded into a race, the game ignores the fact you've tried the race before and only counts the current race.
Tallying your best 3 round scores as the final total for the stage, regardless of whether you have done 3 races or all 10, seems quite obvious and appropriate in my view, because you may have raced well all stage but had 'bad luck' in the last 1 or 2 rounds you raced in.

In my opinion it's essentially the compromise they settled on to avoid someone gaining an advantage in scoring points simply because they have all the time in the world to play.
I think they also did it to force the player to make a more interesting choice. If it took your best score instead of your last score, there would be no downside to doing every race, so there would be no tough decision to make to choose whether to stick on the score you just got or not. You'd always be better off doing all 3 races, so it's not just that it would benefit people with more time to play, it would eliminate that strategic decision making.

I THINK it does actually tell you how it works in game if you read the text it shows you when you sign up in the game, possibly when you sign up for sport mode.

Plus, then if you scored well on race one, you could re enter and theoretically mess up other people races on purpose the next two in order to cause lost points for other people with no threat of lost points to yourself.

Back