Pokka 1000Km (+ Live Race Report)

• Thread starter Jakob79
  • 13 comments
Germany
Mainburg
JakobJ79
Hey guys just wanted to ask if someone already drove the Suzuka 1000Km endurance and what are your impressions bout it. I´m going to drive the race propably later on today or Tomorow, I´ll be running the Yellowhat Tomica GT-R on race hards so lets see how it goes.

I raced it almost a year ago now, so before the updated tire wear. Before, running it with RH and any GT500 car would get you an easy victory.
The new tire wear might help the AI as they'll be on RMs, but I doubt it.
Either way, it's a good race. Definitely one of the few good Endurance races.

I'm going to do this race soon :) was wondering if people had any good suggestions of what car to use to make it a bit more competitive than the usual endurance events :)

Nice race, awesome track!
Used R34 TC.
Had rain 7 hours, not so great ;)

Good luck!!

I also used the R34 TC, I managed to get 12 laps out of a set of racing hards and had a completely dry race. I think I won by 2 laps but I made sure to use a car that was easily capable of winning as I was used to Forzas physics and I find it hard to change between games.

For a competitive race you could probably try the R33 or R32 TC but I'm not too sure as I haven't tried them here yet. The AI is rather slow so a GT500 car should win quite easily.

I'm running a Raybrig NSX at the moment (I though it was the ARTA, haha...).
Anyway, on RS tyres I can pull out over 30s per stint over the AI who seem to be using RHs. I'm running six lap stints on RSs. I tried the RHs and I could just about stay ahead of the other Raybrig (I didn't bother setting the car up), but it was taking too long and too much effort (I need moneys in the fewest in-game days; UCD caught me napping.) The AI Raybrig in second place was pitting every 12 laps, and I could do the same on RHs, although the last couple of laps were a nightmare, especially when it started raining, which accelerated the wear as I was sliding around more (I love the way the grip level changes; once the sun went in, I couldn't get close to the fastest lap I set in the sunshine, and I was running less fuel!). I should add that I'm using no aids, including ABS; tyre longevity and average laptimes are no doubt much better with aids, but I'm oddly stubborn.

So it should be fun with any GT500 car on RHs, assuming you're consistent. You could drop the PP down by 50 points or so from the highest on the list (the 350Z, which isn't that competitive in my race) and have a good race; they're not especially fast around many of the corners, so try dropping the aero a bit, too, although it might accelerate wear. The Raybrig NSX seems to be one of the better cars in the pack, out of the cars I drew, so something other than that might give a better challenge. For example, I'll probably try the Standard Castrol Supra next time.

RACE UPDATE:
after completing 44 Laps (about 1:30 Hrs into the race) I make my 3rd Pitstop for fresh hard slicks and some fuel, so far it`s looking good I´m 1:05 Mins ahead of the Raybrig NSX who is second, no rain so far lets hope it stays that way. My fastest Lap was on Lap 18 (2:02.218).
More updates to come

Last edited:
Its freaking boring! It rain from lap 1 all the way to final lap. I finished it before Spec 2.0, which allow me to use racing soft in the rain.

Completed it in a GTR Vspec.

ANOTHER RACE UPDATE:
84 Of 172 Laps (2 Laps till halftime :))) are now complete (3 Hrs after the start) . I`m now 1:45 mins infront of the still 2nd placed Raybrig NSX, track is still dry, and on Lap 76 I marked a new Lap Record 2:02.071 mins. Pitstop is comming up on next Lap.
more to come

The Suzuka 1000km in GT4 was a little slow for me, ended up becoming a grind quite quickly. I used a GT300 Toyota Celica, and I was able to pull quite a bit of time on the AI around pitstops, when they came up to speed on cold tyres. I dont know how different things would be in GT5 but the introduction of weather certainly changes things up :)

Oddly enough I'm waiting for a filthy wet race to come, so hearing people say it rained on them for most of the race is heightening the anticipation - bring it on! :D

118 of 172 Laps complete (but still a F1 grand prix distance to go ~300 kms) @ 4:16 Hrs into the race, still in the lead now by a lil more than 1 Lap in 2nd position is still Raybrig NSX. shortly before we reached the 4 hour mark the rain came and things got intresting, but was just a shower maybe 15 mins in lenght or so, so I could stay on hards all the time. improved my best Lap Time @ Lap 99 2:01.860 mins.
More to come :)

The Pokka 1000 Km is over, I won in 6:12:38.282 with a margin of 2 Laps over the second placed car.
I also improved my lap time @ Lap 146 2:00.876 = 172,947 Km/h

Unofficial Results
JakobJ79 YMS TOMICA GT-R '08 172 Laps / 160,821 Km/h
Jennings RAYBRIG NSX '06 - 2 laps
Craft Takata Done NSX '06 - 2 laps
Huuskonen ARTA NSX '06
Cordier ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08

In the end I must say it was a quite fun endurance race, and it also showed that the NSX'S dominated the grid and that the SC430'S could not go the pace of the other cars.
Maybe someday I gona run it again with another GT500 car.

Latest Posts

Back