Polestar 2 - 4 door fastback Model 3 fighter

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 50 comments
They added a non-gray color! Light bronze/brown...

Also, none of the photos in this thread are very flattering lol, there's a few on the official site that make it look rather attractive... But I guess if you show 10 photos from 10 different angles and only 1 one them makes you think "nice", that's kind of a bad thing...

Either way, not interested unless it's in Polestar Blue.

I wish manufacturers would stop putting most of the controls on a touch screen. It's not futuristic or clever, it's bloody annoying.

1srdo2.jpg

It's a major bonus for the car maker though. They can make it look futuristic, while also saving a bunch of money on production (individual buttons connected to bespoke circuitry is gonna be way more expensive to mass produce than a single integrated screen). I hate it too.

@Moglet

It's a major bonus for the car maker though. They can make it look futuristic, while also saving a bunch of money on production (individual buttons connected to bespoke circuitry is gonna be way more expensive to mass produce than a single integrated screen). I hate it too.

They need to move in the direction of gesture control - so that you don't have to look at the touch screen, just wiggle your finger in the right way. I use that in my car, it's great.

They need to move in the direction of gesture control - so that you don't have to look at the touch screen, just wiggle your finger in the right way. I use that in my car, it's great.

*Imagining Danoff gesturing carefully at a stoplight to change the radio station.*

It looks to me like it is an off-road sedan model.

It has that look that the BMW X6 and Merc GLE Coupe did, only smaller.

Yeah, they must be over the moon that this interior trend is popular because it's saving them a lot on parts and trim. It takes so much out of the creativity and design though.

Last edited:
It's not so much a full on sedan shape because the bootlid is short, sweeps up into the rear window and likely opens up as once piece. It's more of a fastback.

So Polestar just opened a small (2-car sized) showroom in a nearby high end shopping mall near me that "coincidentally" also has a Tesla showroom. It's the first time I had a look at either car in person and I have to say the quality of both the 1 and 2 appears stunning. The interior of the 2 is the most interesting thing I've seen in a while, and the fit and finish appears exceptional. The contrast with the anodyne and barren Tesla Model 3 couldn't be more striking. The Polestar 1 looks way more special in person than it does in pictures and again the detailing is something that has to be seen in person to be appreciated. I would have expected something like Audi, but it's far better than that from what I could see.

Well, not that expensive after all.
440-540kms, is a month to a month and a half of driving for me.
I doubt 0-60 times will matter, when speeds are only 30-50km/h around town. I sense these will be everywhere.

Last edited:
Well, not that expensive after all.
440-540kms, is a month to a month and a half of driving for me.
I doubt 0-60 times will matter, when speeds are only 30-50km/h around town. I sense these will be everywhere.
I imagine there isn't much inter-city driving in Australia but for me this range would be adequate as a daily driver. I could take some road trips with it as well - Detroit is 225 miles from Dayton, and typically the reasons I would go to Detroit allow for parking and charging. Possibly...attending the Auto Show for hours is one thing but leaving your EV parked at a charger for all those hours is another thing. That's frowned upon. The case is similar for most other trips I take in the region. I drive there and spend hours doing what I do, with no intention of moving my car after it charges or anything like that.

Not that it really matters because Chicago is a road trip I've done several times and the Polestar 2 can't make it there in a reasonable amount of time. Chicago is a no-stop drive in any other car I've ever owned or driven. The drive would basically take 30+ minutes longer than any gas car because I'd have to artificially stop somewhere to charge. Frankly to make it efficient I'd have to plan a meal or something during the stop which is actually the opposite of what the goal typically is, a relaxing meal at either end of a long drive.

I need an EV to have at least 350 miles of range to be useful to me. I make these trips too often to settle for anything less.

Newcastle to Sydney, is the basic city to city trip in New South Wales. That’s only 170kms/105 miles one way. I’ve done the trip before our lockdown, as there’d been completion of a new tunnel interchange. So much quicker now. These EVs make sense. I‘d never have to see a petrol station again.

2024 Polestar 2 facelift brings RWD and redesigned front grill

2024-polestar-2.jpg

2024-polestar-2.jpg

2024-polestar-2.jpg

2024-polestar-2.jpg

2024-polestar-2.jpg

Starting with the styling, the said spy shots hinted at a revised front fascia and for the 2024 model year, the crossover gets a new grille inspired by the Polestar 3. The closed-off panel is home to the so-called SmartZone, which is where some of the vehicle’s cameras and radars are mounted. There’s also a new set of 20-inch forged alloy wheels, as well as available Michelin all-season tires for the standard 19-inch wheels.

New electric motors are fitted to both the single-motor and more powerful dual-motor versions. The 2024 Polestar 2 also becomes the first model of the company to be available with rear-wheel drive as the base model is now powered by its rear wheels as opposed to the outgoing FWD entry-level variant. This RWD model has a maximum power of 299 horsepower (223 kilowatts) and 361 pound-feet (489 Newton-meters) of torque, up from 231 hp (172 kW) and 243 lb-ft (329 Nm) on the previous base version. The sprint to 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) takes 5.9 seconds.

As for the dual-motor Polestar 2, it now has a rear-drive bias and a new rear electric motor which is the primary source of drive. The system output goes up to 421 hp (314 kW) and 546 lb-ft (740 Nm) versus 408 hp (304 kW) and 467 lb-ft (633 Nm) previously. If you go for the optional Performance Package, the crossover will be even more powerful at 455 hp (339 kW) almost matching the power of the Polestar 2 BST Edition 270 and offering a 0-60 mph (0-96 kph) acceleration in just 4.1 seconds. Interestingly, the front electric motor can be disengaged completely when not needed and when the driver hits the acceleration pedal, it will re-engage instantly to deliver additional power.

There’s a new battery, too. It is installed on the Long-range version and has a capacity of 82 kilowatt-hours, allowing for an expected EPA range of up to 300 miles. The maximum charging speed is also improved and in this version, it is now 205 kW. All versions of the 2024 Polestar 2 gain range improvements thanks to the optimization of power delivery, as well as the front motor disconnect function on the Long-range version.

Am I the only one not really a fan of Volvo's new grille on it's EV models? It's not awful, yes, but just feels a bit empty and uninspiring.

With the way this “sedan” looks, now would Be the perfect time to reintroduce AMC Eagle to the planet.

Back