(Poll) After playing the Gran Turismo Sport demo, will you be getting the game?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 16 comments

After playing the demo, will you be getting the game?

• Yes

Votes: 57 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
bloodykills750
After playing the demo, I can safely say that I will be getting the game. The lack of a campaign is upsetting but the Mission Challenges were quite fun and the driving is fantastic! What about you guys?

not sure yet. i enjoyed acrade races and some missions. so for arcade only i could get game if they will add more cars and tracks later. as Kaz told that he will add. so if thats will happen then yes i will get game

I don't know :indiff: Two reasons

First Reason - No Mclaren P1 - P1 GTR - Sorry call me whatever you want but i see no enjoyment in this game without the P1 :)

Second Reason - Its a always online game :boggled: I don't always have access to the internet?
I only get to use the Internet when i need to Download a game or a patch.

Don't know. Don't want to get burned again and the heavy online dependability (internet needed for game saves) is very concerning.

I have been a fan of this game for years so I'm in. As a casual gamer only using the DS4 it will meet my needs. Sure it has no real campaign but I can overlook this as I found myself on early Sunday mornings taking on favourite tracks like the Nordschleife over and over with complete immersion. Everything else is gravy and there is plenty of it for me.

Another big draw for me is the gtplanet community, a wonderful group of knowledgeable people.

The one downside for me is the "iffy" online saves.

I thought I won't buy it on release day, but playing the beta changed my mind. I'll preorder it. But not Deluxe version.

After playing the demo, I can safely say that I will be getting the game. The lack of a campaign is upsetting but the Mission Challenges were quite fun and the driving is fantastic! What about you guys?

After playing each day of the demo, I am leaning much more toward buying than not - but - I'm not fully convinced yet.
Though, the only reasons I have for holding back are that;

A)
I don't have a compatible wheel and cannot afford one anytime soon. Damn you Sony & Logitech. I'm doing ok, i guess, with the DS4 but boy am I slow without my G27. I am having very little issues keeping it on the track with the DS4 - but - only because I am having to use a whole tonne of aids to keep me there. And they are crippling my overall speed.

B) Going by the demo itself, I'm still not convinced that servers are consistently reliable enough. Read about plenty of people losing progress because of this online only save system. I assume that PD want this, to stop people hacking their saves, as they did with PS3 era GT. But I'd also be fuming, after many hours of play or being in the middle of a livery design and *BAM* "unable to save due to network error". I know they say they're working on it still, but it really needs to at least save something of your progress OFFline too.

Those two points aside, it feels GREAT racing in 60fps. It's the same nice GT feeling for me, on the track. That livery editor is above and beyond what I expected AND that was with the user-made decal feature absent from the demo. I could see me spending many hours in there. I basically want to hot lap The Green Hell, mostly haha, so I am itching to get the game and will love running around it in hot laps or my player-made races etc (not much for online to be honest), getting GTPlanet user-made adjustments to test out on my favourite cars etc. This can, for me, still be the same as GT always was. They've already said that new offline races and challenges are coming, so I'm not too fussed about the lack of offline content, bar the tracks.

I want it...but not just yet. I want it with a wheel, so I am prepared to leave off buying for a while. By then, hopefully I will have been able to afford a G29 or something and the game will have been updated a few times. And will, hopefully, be cheaper itself of course :P

TL : DR - Going to wait until i can afford a new wheel and the game gets a few updates, but I am still enamoured by what I have experienced so far.

I had preordered, but canceled it based on the demo. I haven't kept up on all the news surrounding the game, but was disappointed by the physics and lack of cars/tracks. I got heavily into iRacing and Assetto Corsa over the summer, and it's hard to take a step backwards from them into the GT world. I would have been happier if they'd kept GT's graphics and previous car/track lists and implemented more realistic physics/FFB and better online racing. Instead, it seems like they brought the online racing model from iRacing into the world of GT's semi-sim physics and drastically cut down on cars and tracks, and the result doesn't cut it for me.

Yes, I pre-ordered in May, and since playing the demo I'm set on not going back on that. I just hope it has the post-release support they say it'll have because in it's current state it's relatively lacking in content, particularly with classic cars. If they eventually bring more real-world Gr.B cars, along with 80's Gr.C and 90's Gr.1 racing then I'll be happier than a pig in... you know. :lol:

Back