Poll: Chip shortages and gaming habits - single choice

• Thread starter alp
  • 14 comments

Has the chip shortage affected your gaming habits and gaming purchases?

• No, I've got the GPU/CPU I wanted (more or less) and it's business as usual (already a PC gamer).

• No, I've got the console I wanted and it's business as usual (already a console gamer).

• No, still buying new titles (esp. on sale) in the hope of playing on new hardware (PC/console).

• Yes, I'm sticking to games my hardware can handle until I can upgrade. No purchase of newest titles.

• Yes, I switched to PC from consoles because it can handle newer titles better.

• Yes, I switched to console from PC because it can handle newer titles better.

• Yes, I am taking my time off from the virtual world until things settle.

• I am not a gamer, how did I end up here?

Results are only viewable after voting.

alp

Cyprus
Cyprus
apocalypxoticnow
With a few reports from the industry claiming that the chip shortages that has already affected computers, consoles and now spreading to auto and other industries that require chips, might extend well into 2023, how is your gaming habits fairing?

PS: If more than one answer applies, please choose the one you spend more of your time on or feel closer to.

Own up people, who was the one for voted for "I am not a gamer"...? :lol:

I am not an early adopter of new consoles generally, so the chip shortages haven't affected me *yet*.

However, if it did continue into next year, I can imagine it would start to have a much bigger impact on console buyers generally.

I'd love to upgrade my GPU so I can play my current games with better visuals and at a higher frame rate, but with the games I'm currently playing, I don't need more powerful hardware thankfully.

Very happy with my Xbox One X. Does everything I need it to, plays all the games I want it to, will continue supporting the games I want to play for what appears to be at least the next year.

I do want a Series X, but not before there's some genuine console exclusives/games that I can't get on the One X. Something this console generation has sorely lacked. It kind of baffles me that the new consoles have sold so well (allegedly) when on the surface there didn't seem to be much point in way of exclusive next gen titles.

I have PS5.
So I am okay there.

I also have Ryzen 5 3600, with RTX 2060.

So I do both.

In Soviet Russia you could sold you 3 year old GPU for 30% more than it cost when it was new and buy new console(XSX/PS5 with BRD) from scalper :lol:
We live in strange times.

I switched to PC in 2020 before all the chip shortages started happening and I'm still happy with my RTX 2060.

My vote:

Yes, I'm sticking to games my hardware can handle until I can upgrade. No purchase of newest titles.

I got a Ryzen 9 with RTX 3070 late last year and am happy with it, seems it was good timing - though I wasn't able to get faster RAM at the time, and it's only cost that hold me off looking to upgrade at the moment. I'm holding off buying a PS5 until GT7, I will be frustrated if supply shortages affect that.

Was able to get a PS5 a couple days after launch, things are still good.

Hopefully the shortage doesn’t last too long so things can get back to normal for the rest of the market

Until something changes my mind, I think I've gone back to Nintendo + PC, and I am set for now on both.

I got a PS5 I paid a little bit more than I wanted to but it is what it is. I am happy with I have been able to get the games I wanted.

Latest Posts

Back