[POLL] Do you find yourself enjoying/playing more that it was worth 400usd/eruos?

• Thread starter MuRRe
  • 18 comments

Was it worth 400 USD/Euros for the wheel setup?

• Total voters
Sweden
@Home
WTF-MuRRe
I'm SO close buying a GT3 RS CSE.
I love Gran Turismo but I'm not playing it at the moment.
Just seems to me all of a sudden that playing with the DS3 is kinda ****** compared to a GT3 RS or similar.
Just curious if there are people out there that hesitated to sink 400 USD/Euros into their first wheel but actually found themself playing more and enjoying the game that it was actually worth it.

Last edited:
Well, that's the thing.
I CAN afford it NOW, but it greatly affects my economy.
That's why I'm having such a hard time deciding.
Just feels like I will be feel like I should have gone with the GT3 after a while if I instead buy the Carrera.

I think if you can afford the GT3 CSE but end up buying the cheaper Carrera version, you'll always regret it. The wheel will last you years (hopefully), so for the sake of $150(?) difference, I'd spend the extra. You might be skint for a month, but you'll be pleased with your wheel for a lot longer:tup:

Of course, I don't know your personal financial situation, so that's just based on how I'd feel.

I'm SO close buying a GT3 RS CSE.
I love Gran Turismo but I'm not playing it at the moment.
Just seems to me all of a sudden that playing with the DS3 is kinda ****** compared to a GT3 RS or similar.
Just curious if there are people out there that hesitated to sink 400 USD/Euros into their first wheel but actually found themself playing more and enjoying the game that it was actually worth it.

You´ll enjoy much more playing any racing game with a wheel. But I must to say if GT5 actually is boring for you, to play with a wheel will no make it much more funny.

Playing with a wheel makes all the difference. I would not be playing racing games without one. Not only is it a lot more fun, it makes you much faster as well.

If you want to race, you gotta use your hands to steer and your feet for throttle/brake control...simple. I don't get how anybody that's serious about this game is asking such a pointless question? Fiddeling around on a gamepad is joke! I couldn't race without force feedback these days, I'll tell you that. Make the purchase and enjoy.. but keep the T500 in mind, just got mine yesterday and it's so awsome (upgraded from G25) :dopey:

I would rather drop my scrotum in a cauldron of molten lead than play a racing game on a pad - PS I voted for 'Hell yes its awesome'

So much so, that at least 3 friends have purchased wheels after having a go on mine - And none of them have regretted it for a minute. 👍

If you want to race, you gotta use your hands to steer and your feet for throttle/brake control...simple. I don't get how anybody that's serious about this game is asking such a pointless question? Fiddeling around on a gamepad is joke! I couldn't race without force feedback these days, I'll tell you that. Make the purchase and enjoy.. but keep the T500 in mind, just got mine yesterday and it's so awsome (upgraded from G25) :dopey:

About the T500.
I could get it from a not so reputable sales channel so I have to ask, IF there would be a problem can I turn directly to Thrustmaster?

Playing with a pad is extra painful in GT5 since many events are insanely difficult for the 'average' pad user. Those same events were a breeze as soon as I got my wheel (t500rs) 👍

My wheel was worth the money. By that same token, every gt3rs owner on this board seem happy with their purchase as well. w/o having access to a gt3rs myself I would highly encourage a t500rs purchase because it has transformed the way i play games. I no longer to want to play any game w/o my wheel. What I mean is using a pad even for a console FPS I miss having FFB haha

I got mine when it was $315 USD with the clubsports. Well worth it for the price and I play once a while. I have never tried the clubsports via USB on the PC due to the USB cable being too short.

^^ Yeah that gt3rs CSP combo seems like a really excellent price. It's a tough decision. So glad I already bought my wheel so I dont have lose sleep over deciding what to buy anymore

I just got the G27 a few weeks back and can say it's definitely worth the money. The accuracy of maintaining a driving line along with being able to modulate the throttle is worth it alone. Add in the fun factor of the whole experience and I think you'll be happy.

It does take adjusting your driving style once you get it, along with re-tweaking all of your car's. I still find that I need to brake earlier to avoid over-loading my front tires because I'm not feathering the throttle through the turn. Before, I would just coast through the turn.

hell yes! but make sure you have a rig to mount the wheel otherwise the answer is hell no!

if your budget is 400 then make sure you include a cockpit (or materials for a diy). i would rather have a cheaper wheel (ie dfgt) and a rig then an expensive wheel on my knees or an ironing board

Back