Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Fisherman's ranch

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Sardegna

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Greece
Salonica
I enjoy rallying in cockpit view in this game and find all three tracks fun. My favorite though has to be Fisherman's ranch. The longest and most technical of the three whilst producing the prettiest replays.
Which is your favorite?

OK so I thought I would update my experience of the 'rallying' in GTS. I hadn't been on a rally track since about a week from release, I basically got the golds then put it behind me as it was a horrid experience that sounded like it was going to break my G29.

OMG in PSVR it was actually fun, I was on colorado track (G29 friendly surface) and drifting around in various non rally cars, the old corvette stingray was one of my favorites for getting sideways and always recovering.

It was nice to be drifting without spinning, it felt like what I should be able to do on tarmac.

Rallying in this game is my worst nightmare

Rallying in Sport feels a lot more natural and easy compared to GT6 which was really messed up.

If you've played say Dirt or Horizon Rally or any rally oriented game it should 'click' with you.

Saying that, none of the rally tracks hits it off with me, like none of the tarmac ones do.

Sardegna easily!! Love the track.. When I got the game I mostly just raced against my ghost on that track. Did a few laps in the old Alpine last night.. It was challenging.. I couldn't get a decent lap.

Fisherman's ranch is great too. When you finally get a run without major mistakes it's so satisfying.

Colorado is ok too.. Just not as compelling as the other two.

As I've said many times before, I really love the rally physics in GTS. I wish time attack was there (like Sega Rally) for all of the three tracks (and reverse) versions. And top10 leaderboards.. And more tracks..

None at all.

While a recent update made rallying at least possible in GTS, its still poor (mainly down to GTS' poor damper physics and tyre model) in comparison to just about any other title with loose surfaces in it.

However even if GTS managed to nail the physics, the tracks in GTS are utterly terrible. They have no idea at all what they want to be, too wide for a true stage and too long (and still to wide and lacking a Joker) for Rallycross.

They seriously just seem to have included to be able to tick a box on the content list, and from my point of view shouldn't have bothered.

I wish they would add a ken block track for PSVR
I loved the PS3 Dirt 3 rally cross, bit of a shame PD didn't steal some track design from that game.

4- None of them..

I really think that in off-road aspects GT is still in the 90's ofrering kind of "Sega Rally" tracks and races...

I just don't understand why PD that now has a coloboration with the FIA didn't get the idea to offer "Rally cross" tracks and cars..

Sure it would be nice to see also a FIA off-road rally cross championship with races on rally cross tracks like dirt fish or the one of brands hatch..

My favorite is Sardegna. Once i reach the „flow state“ it’s incredible fun and keeping the Car balanced on the edge at maximum achievable speed WITHOUT! going sideways too much it’s actually a real challenge and the ultimate test for my skills. I like the other tracks too but this one is just my go for track.

However even if GTS managed to nail the physics, the tracks in GTS are utterly terrible. They have no idea at all what they want to be, too wide for a true stage and too long (and still to wide and lacking a Joker) for Rallycross.

This sounds like the problem isn't PD knowing what the circuits were supposed to be when they designed them, more the fact that you can't simply accept them as dirt circuits... I think you're trying to overthink it.

_

FWIW I voted Fishermans Ranch because it's the longest. I know these circuits aren't that popular so I'm not expecting much expansion on them, but one snow circuit would be nice, and I don't think alternate layouts for Fishermans would be too tall of an order given the track DLC so far.

This sounds like the problem isn't PD knowing what the circuits were supposed to be when they designed them, more the fact that you can't simply accept them as dirt circuits... I think you're trying to overthink it.
At the end of the day its a subjective view, I don't like PD's approach to what they describe as rally and the resulting track designs that come from it. Its further compounded by the physics, resulting in my (perfectly valid) view that the entire side of its a waste of resource that would have been better spent elsewhere.

Fwiw, I think PD designed them with pack racing in mind. In that respect, the extra width makes it more feasible without 3 stooges syndrome.

Some traditional stages and gymkhana would be nice but very limiting for online play.

Oh for Smokey Mountain to return! :D

Back