POLL: How do you lower your Performance Points?

How do you lower your Performance Points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grabiha
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY

And include explanations such as:

Adding weight to the rear/front for FF/FR/4WD/MR or just adding weight to the mid

and

Buying stage 2 engine mod instead of stage 3, or buying semi racing parts instead of racing parts..

Not enough options in the poll... because it depends on the track. Making your car fast at Tsukuba won't make it fast at Indy Road Course and so on...

I simply detune my car. Making it heavier will make it behave differently where as just downgrading will make it behave similarly but a bit worse. Then again i only have one car or so that is actually upgraded all the way. Very few of my cars have race parts.

I reduce the HP. I've only done a few of the races that require a maximum PP so I don't have a lot of experience on the best way to lower PP without reducing my ability to win (with a great car).

I just use the power limiter most of the time. To me the car will handle sharper and let's you focus more on the ideal line for that given track. Horsepower kind of makes you not as focused imo.

I always just lower the hp, as previously stated I don't like to mess with the ballast seems to upset the handling too much to me.

I did some testing.

Example: fully tuned car has 650PP, weighs 1000 kilo and has 700HP
Now we are lowering the car's PP to 600 points.
Car does 6:30 on Nordschleife.

Method 1: more weight.
Car now does 7:20 on Nordschleife.

Method 2: less HP (restricting engine power)
Car now does 7:00 on Nordschleife.

I tried with several cars and every time conclusion is the same: it's better to give the car less HP and low weight, than adding a lot of weight and keeping HP the same.

Not enough poll options :scared:

When I need to reduce PP I remove some parts from the car, and if I still need to reduce the PP more, I drop the power of the car a little bit ;)

Heavy cars have a higher cross-weight under lateral (sideways) loading in corners. This lowers the potential forwards speed in corners... so lighter cars are generally better.

That said, on a track with very long straights the advantage can be lost as everyone breezes past you. That's why it's very often a balancing act between weight, power and wing... and also why PP is great for random lobby racing and not so good for spec racing.

I try and do a combination of both, as lowering the engines output really messes with the power band alot. What I do is drop engine power adders til I get close to the PP limit, than I will add little bit of weight, then drop the limit on the engine a smidge to get to it.

And for what it is worth, even with 50 kg added to the 69 Camaro, and 524 hp with a 550 pp limit, I still am able to compete easily.

Power limiter usually. No option, though...

I don't adjust too much pp. If I'm doing a 550pp race, I'm not going to use a car that is tuned for 600ish. I have many different tunes so I usually only have to adjust a little bit.

Mostly reduce hp, although sometimes I'll remove performance parts. The only time I've added weight was when a 50% power drop wasn't enough, but to be fair, I think if you reach that point, maybe it's time to pick a different car.

It depends what track. On Le Sarthe I take away front and rear downforce away first before I touch weight/power.

Normally I just reduce power- I won coz of handling.

I change a little bit of everything as to not affect any area or aspect of the driving experience greatly. I have on accident however made a car completly undrivable, which was not fun...

Latest Posts

Back