Poll: Is launching a low powered car off the yellow to avoid bog cheating ?

• Thread starter jezboosted
  • 25 comments

Is launching a low powered car off the yellow strip to prevent bog cheating ?

• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Brisbane
jezboosted
Low powered cars can often struggle to have a good launch and good pull. Launching off the yellow strip means you can stretch 1st and 2nd more to get a much better launch and still have great pull.

It turns a bog tune into a wheelspin launch tune. The difference is huge too. Without either of us changing tunes it went from me winning by a car when we ran properly to the other person winning by over a car when utilising the yellow strip.

Last edited:
Hmm. It's definitely a cheap and lazy way to tune a car, but cheating? I guess that would depend on the drivetrain. Or are you saying that, because they don't have to massacre the transmission for launch, that it will be faster than a regularly tuned car can be?

As Shake said, unless the car can be tuned off the yellow to be faster than a regular tranny.. Than it's a joke.

Tell whoever, learn how to tune with a short final and understand where the gearing needs to be through the rest of the gears.

I'm assuming it'd be a low awd hp car.

Sorry to be unhelpful here, but what exactly is the meaning of 'launching off of the yellow strip'?
I'm presuming it's something to do with drag racing which is a bit foreign to me but I can't figure out what it means by myself...!

Sorry to be unhelpful here, but what exactly is the meaning of 'launching off of the yellow strip'?
I'm presuming it's something to do with drag racing which is a bit foreign to me but I can't figure out what it means by myself...!
At Indy on its back straight there is a yellow strip of track that has almost no grip on it. It's where people line up to start drag racing, but some people use it due to poor tunes or fwd cars.

Last edited:
In a competition then yes I'd say its not not fair to use the yellow paint to increase wheel speed to obtain a harder launch when the tires grip. Anyone who needs to do this can't tune,

Doing it in a regular lobby it doesn't bother me much, but just don't call me slow if you beat me using the yellow paint launch.

Oh wow. Whenever I'm in a Honda lobby and I know if someone not as fast as me, I just back into the yellow to get a even tree with him/her. I didn't know it gives you a better a launch for fwd cars. Well I learn something new everyday then.

Bahahaha.
Didn't realise you actually made a thread for this Jez.

Yes it's cheating.

Does that mean its not allowed for this weeks comp?

Last edited:
Bahahaha.
Didn't realise you actually made a thread for this Jez.

Yes it's cheating.

Does that mean its not allowed for this weeks comp?

I made the thread to get a wider view of peoples opinions on this matter. I agree it's cheating, and i would hope that it is not allowed in the comp.

My answer is yes because using yellow is not legit. I know it works but only people that can't really tune low horse powered cars will need this.

Honestly, if you call your self pro and need a handicap, such as paint tree as I like to call it, time to reconsider the definition of pro. Yes, in sportsmanship, any artificial boost is instant disqualification.

Back