Poll: Left foot or Right foot braking (online road racers only)

  • Thread starter Thread starter chuyler1
  • 4 comments
  • 862 views

What foot do you brake with in online road racing?

  • I RFB all the time

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I LFB all the time

    Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I use both depending on the car/track/race

    Votes: 1 5.3%

  • Total voters
    19
  • Poll closed .

chuyler1

Premium
Messages
4,547
United States
New Hampshire
Messages
chuyler1
I'm just curious how many fast, clean online racers use RFB (right foot braking) like they would IRL. Unless you drive a taxi, or drive like my mother-in-law i would assume its safe to say most of us learned to drive with one foot for gas and brake and the other foot for the clutch.

If you are the type of driver who regularly punts other drivers entering turns (whether its on purpose or accidentally) don't bother filling out the pole or responding. That kind of behavior doesn't fall under "clean racing".

I'm interested in how many RFB drivers can successfully tailgate in the game close enough to make a pass without accidentally bumping the car in front. After watching some replays, I can detect a lot of LFBers in my races just by watching the brake/gas indicators.

Now if you are a RFB'er, what strategy do you use to over come the inherent delay between gas and brake. Do you hold back and watch another driver's brake zones before approaching for a pass? Do you always take a different braking line to avoid problems with early brakers?

Lets keep this discussion about typical road racing. I'm not interested in hearing about the benefits of LFBing for rally racing or drifting.

I am also aware that there can be times where trail braking under full throttle can be advantageous. I'd be curious to know where on the GT5 tracks you use this...but I don't want the discussion focused on it.
 
I left foot brake online and in-game.

If you have ridden a mororcycle; you'll know you can use feet and hands to brake/accelerate.

Besides my Playseat Evolution doesn't encourage right foot braking anyhooow!
 
How about people who still using DS3?
 
Does LFB even work in GT5? I'm a DS3 user and every time I apply brake and gas simultaneously, the revs drop as if I completely released the throttle...
 
I've seen one go up while the other goes down in replays. I've also had situations where my brake pedal sticks at 10% (due to my bungie cord mod). So it could be that you can't brake/gas with the DS3 or it could be that you can only apply a certain amount of brake before the gas is cut.
 
Back